Millard 4" tri-fold vs Hazli 3" foam mattresses

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyJ

Reaction score
I bought the cot-sized Millard tri-fold, sleeping on it on bedroom floor.  It's very comfy, even prefer it to my own bed, but 4 inches thick is a tight squeeze in my 2007 Prius, and due to low ceiling it's difficult to fold so I can raise the back seat.

I'm thinking a 3-inch mattress would be a better fit. I already discarded inflatable mattresses as an option the first time around. :)

Has anyone tried this Hazli 3" foam mattress?  https://www.amazon.com/Hazli-Waterproof-Mattress-Comfortable-Portable/dp/B07VXHKZPN

At least it's rollable, so should be easier to fold the back seat up... or am I dreaming, lol.

Check out mattressinsider.com. They make many sizes, even custom sizes at a fair price. I have one of their RV bunk sized mattresses in my camper van and it is one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on.

I have Milliards 6 inch tri-fold and it's definitely a tight fit on the 8-in tall cot in my Santa Fe (I haven't removed the seats because I don't think it would give me anymore room with all the heating stuff underneath them).

If you want to put your sleeping stuff away everyday, the rolling mattress looks like a great choice.