mght be of interest for those in need of ac

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably uses this:
HTB15WqFFVXXXXb.XVXXq6xXFXXX4.jpg

350W compressor.

Maybe I'll build my own!!!

asked on the kickstarter website for the mini ac

Would the Zero Breeze still cool 50 sqft down from 105 F to 64 F in 15-20 min in South Florida summer with heavy humidity?
We intend to use the Zero Breeze in a conversion van

answer
And to address your later question, sure thing. It will work just as described, no matter in Florida, Texas, Hawaii, or the tropics.

29chico said:
In an enclosed space that silly little a/c will end up heating up the space.  An A/C unit pumps out significantly more heat out it's heat side than the cold it pumps out the other side.   

A cheap $100 window style A/C unit will effectively out perform that silly little a/c by a nearly infinite margin than the unit in question as it will actually cool an enclosed space rather than heat it up.  By dumping the heat of the heat radiating external coils, the fan motor and the compressor to the outside of the enclosed space that it is cooling the window A/C will actually provide the expected.

It has an exhaust pipe which would need to be vented outside the enclosure...

IGBT said:
 but it would cool a insulated "coffin" that you sleep in with your head sticking out.  

I would lose my mind. 

I can't even hand the constriction of a mummy bag lol. Having to sleep in a coffin...yikes. Neat idea for those who could handle it.

tx2sturgis said:
Reminds me of the canister floor vacuums from the 60's....

Off topic, but tx2srurgis, do you remember the old paint sprayers that used the exhaust side of a canister vacuum?  First time I used one to paint an old 57 Ford, I learned you'd better clean the vacuum first.  :D Nothing finer than a texture paint job.  :D :D

Attachments

• sprayer.jpg
    sprayer.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 2