Married Couple Traveling Together in Separate Vans

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definetly a good idea for persons who like to travel together but like some private time as well.

This sez more about my relationship in or out of a van, but I hate the chef-maid-dishwasher-etc. role I always wind up sliding into in our sticks n bricks (or tent camping for that matter) with my not-neat, accumulator husband. If I were pushed to do that in a smaller space for any length of time I'd probably shoot him. Separate living spaces, so perfect.

Hubby and i joke about getting a little Fiat or Smart car to tow as a 'dog house'. I like the idea of a smaller more fuel efficient spare wheels, but a whole extra van is more likely between couples who meet on the road, no?

useful to those who require it in their partnership, relationship of what kind or marriage they deem fit :)

only then can one say this is wonderful..........suits ya fab!!! suits all cool.
not a thing wrong with it ever.

but OP is not in relationship and says this is cool and if it works out to this...then cool with the next relationship. lol....??? no clue on this post truly but yea it will work for some easily. whatever floats your boat on the road!

I get no respect. When pulling a small camper trailer behind my van, my almost fifty-year old son told me I had a double-long instead of a double-wide.

It is more expensive for sure. Two depreciating vehicles wearing out components and burning gas and requiring license, insurance, etc. Can you afford it? If so, then no worries... except for there being some added hassles with two.

Nice to have backup in case of breakdown, but also twice as likely to experience a break down!

Also nice to have smaller, more nimble, easier to park, more offroad capable vehicles.

Lots of upside to partners having their own space, and sharing space when they wish.

I've lived with 3 different women in a '84 Toyota pickup with two different very spartan homemade campers that were not very big. For them it was a "novelty". They lasted for 6-12 months... though I later ended up getting domesticated and living with one for 20 years! I don't think more space or separate spaces would have helped much. Rather they wanted things that nomadic living made difficult. Different strokes for different folks...