Marijuana Votes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optimistic Paranoid

Reaction score
Five states had ballot initiative to legalize recreational marijuana.  As of right now, CA, NV, and MA passed; ME is still being counted; and AZ turned thumbs down on it.

Four new states legalize medical marijuana.  AR, FL, MT, and ND

I need to move to one of those states.  Between the diabetes and the strokes, I need to get off the pharmaceuticals with their side effects.

Although Summer is not a problem, as we spend the majority of our time in Colorado, Mr. Pico and I will move our Winter operation to the Imperial Valley and Southern Nevada. On the local news today Arizona officials are already talking about beefing up law enforcement on the Arizona border with California and Nevada.

I still haven't gotten an actual answer if my VA benefits could be affected by having THC in my system. Too big a risk for me to take. But it seems logical that a natural herb over a strong opiate would be preferable. It's not that I don't trust the VA.....But I don't.

I have been told that there are specific strains that help back pain, I don't have a clue if that's correct or not but I have progressed from tylonal to tramadol to vicoden and on occasion oxycontin. Not complaining, all my issues are a result of choices I made in life, no regrets but I would love to pick up a Grandkid without a flash of pain.

My MHMR rep told me that the va has run drug tests on some lab tests for other issues and I have had a contentious and litigation type relationship with them.

Everyone , Take Care...Rob

I don't really care if it is legal, I want it decriminalized. It is freaking ridiculous that possession of small amounts for personal use, can land someone behind bars.

Gunny, I have found that it can help with my back pain. My lower back does flare up badly sometimes. The THC and likely the other cannaboids, helps me, along with a heating pad and my thumbs and knuckles between me and the mattress, to isolate which muscle has locked up, and knead it into relaxing.

Mine seems to be more muscle related than a slipped or crushed disk or anything.

As far as it now being legal in California. It mostly has been. Unless you are selling to kids on the streetcorner, the cops don't care. The process of Getting a MJ card is/was a joke. Go in pay 35$ or whatever and out the door you go prescription in hand

The legalization is only all about how to legally make money off of it.

I do enjoy not having to stress possession.

Gunny said:
I still haven't gotten an actual answer if my VA benefits could be affected by having THC in my system. Too big a risk for me to take. But it seems logical that a natural herb over a strong opiate would be preferable. It's not that I don't trust the VA.....But I don't.

I have been told that there are specific strains that help back pain, I don't have a clue if that's correct or not but I have progressed from tylonal to tramadol to vicoden and on occasion oxycontin. Not complaining, all my issues are a result of choices I made in life, no regrets but I would love to pick up a Grandkid without a flash of pain.

My MHMR rep told me that the va has run drug tests on some lab tests for other issues and I have had a contentious and litigation type relationship with them.

Everyone , Take Care...Rob

I have been a VA patient for the past decade. I tell them every time I'm there that I smoke weed. There has not been a time in the past 10 years that I haven't had THC in my body. It has never been an issue for me with the VA.

I also have back issues from military service. Marijuana works better than any medicine I've ever been given by the VA. My hope is that someday the feds will take it off schedule 1 and the VA will prescribe it to me :)

Been legal medically here in IL for a year or so, I think. Not a single doctor in town will write a script for it.

Fluffhead said:
I have been a VA patient for the past decade. I tell them every time I'm there that I smoke weed. There has not been a time in the past 10 years that I haven't had THC in my body. It has never been an issue for me with the VA.

I also have back issues from military service. Marijuana works better than any medicine I've ever been given by the VA. My hope is that someday the feds will take it off schedule 1 and the VA will prescribe it to me :)

Living in TX it will be a while before I dabble.  I use the VA also, diabetic, heart risk, and back/joint issues.  The VA doesn't care that much about self medication unless it causes more harm then good.

bear in mind that BLM land and Federal parks are under federal law.....so they can still bust ya if they wish.

one thing i will add is that when it went legal the drug dealers disappeared and the price plummeted so know if a deal is going down its for the hard stuff and easy to spot for law enforcement to take care of

I smoked it a couple of times while in Vietnam but it affects distance recognition and I was the enlisted part of a forward observer team. Couldn't risk others lives plus I wasn't that keen on the type of buzz I got from it.

Now I'm told they have strains for a variety of ailments. I am tempted to go to Colorado and find out. The issue would be coming back to Texas and from what I am told Texas DPS is hot on cars coming out of Colorado. Texas will be the absolute last state to legalize it I'm sure.

Might make it to RTR via Colorado.

SternWake said:
The THC and likely the other cannaboids, helps me, along with a heating pad and my thumbs and knuckles between me and the mattress,  to isolate which muscle has locked up, and knead it into relaxing.

Mine seems to be more muscle related than a slipped or crushed disk or anything.

My ex used to travel with a pressure point massage device for his back muscles that would knot up. He swore by using one like at the following link to hold on the knot until it released:

https://www.amazon.com/Body-Back-Co...-1&keywords=back+pressure+point+massager&th=1

The black market here is alive and well, the prices in the stores see to that. At least you know you are not getting bunk when you buy top self in a shop. Get a concentrate and there is no guessing at all. They can come in the 90% THC or above levels and are one hit wonders. Right now I am trying a cartridge on a old e-cigarette, no fuss, no mess, just push the button. It's certainly not like the old days, that's for sure.

I never got a medical marijuana card even though I am eligible for it to treat two health conditions. Amnesia is one. I can’t remember the other.

Damian Rolling said:
I never got a medical marijuana card even though I am eligible for it to treat two health conditions. Amnesia is one. I can’t remember the other.

Wasn't that two?  :cool:

Latest posts