Manhunt on for Killers of Vandwellers in Canada

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lenny flank

Reaction score
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Folks might remember the two vandwellers who were murdered in British Columbia a short while ago--one of them was from Australia. An update: the Canadian cops have now issued warrants for two people in the case. The suspects have apparently fled into the Canadian wilderness and the cops are searching for them.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]https://torontosun.com/news/national/national-manhunt-for-suspected-b-c-highway-killers[/font]

And this happened to how many out of the 100 of thousands plus people on the road? Just be aware of your surroundings. If it don't feel right, leave; you have wheels. This almost sounds like fear mongering.

Just an update to the story.

As I have often noted both here and elsewhere, the blunt reality is that the vast majority of people will never be the victim of any sort of violent act and will never have any need whatever to defend themselves against anything at all.

By far the most dangerous part of vandwelling is ... driving. You are far more likely to be killed by a simple traffic accident than you are to be eaten by a bear or bitten by a snake or dismembered by a serial killer or whatever else we want to pee our pants worrying over.

Meh, I'm not very eager to shoot my van full of holes.

lenny flank said:
Just an update to the story.

As I have often noted both here and elsewhere, the blunt reality is that the vast majority of people will never be the victim of any sort of violent act and will never have any need whatever to defend themselves against anything at all.

By far the most dangerous part of vandwelling is ... driving. You are far more likely to be killed by a simple traffic accident than you are to be eaten by a bear or bitten by a snake or dismembered by a serial killer or whatever else we want to pee our pants worrying over.

I disagree. Homeless people are far more vulnerable to violence because Society views us as outcasts. 

In Canada we are not allowed to carry weapons for self-defense. but if you're forced to use a weapon to defend yourself the right to self-defense is enshrined in common law.

Well, now that this thread is morphing into a "guns" debate, I'm gonna drop out of it.

As always, though, I recommend a W-88 warhead with a 200kt yield. It's the only way to be sure.

I've closed this thread but I'm leaving it up since the suspects are still on the loose and the information could be useful as they are in areas where vandwellers could be camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts