Made my decision :D

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katelyn

Reaction score
After so many days, weeks, and months of going back and forth to what vehicle I wanted to get again, I bought a minivan! I decided that decent mpg's was most important and I would be pretty comfy in a minivan. Unfortunately my beloved best friend Bosco had to be put down last month due to crippling arthritis and hip dysplasia, so a big space isn't necessary anymore :(
I'll have a place to sleep comfortably, stay safe, and keep warm and dry. I do plan on getting some type of a tent shelter to go with me just to add more room, gosh, have to say it just feels right :D
Oh, it's a Chevy Venture with 140,000 and I got it super CHEAP! My brother came with me, checked it out, went for a test drive and now it's mine.
Well worth it to me. There are a few things I'll need to get done of course but nothing major, blower switch, window motor, turn signals, fluid flushes and changes, etc. I am so excited to just get the seats out today it's crazy!!
Even though the loss of my buddy has been so difficult, I have to think that getting this van is meant to be.
Thanks for this awesome site and forum Bob! It has helped me tremendously!
Have a great week everyone :D

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

...but Congrats on the aquisition of your new home!!!!

(......you DO realize that we're gonna be demanding pictures of it....right??) :D

Although it's been five years, the collar that "Deco" wore, still hangs around my rear view mirror. He loved to go for a ride more than anything in the world. I do recommend getting a new traveling companion. You will know when it's the right time. Congrats on the new van.

Thanks, miss the old dog terribly still, he loved camping and vandwelling. I will get another buddy when my van is ready and I have an emergency fund, but until then, my focus is the van :) It's a good distraction.
I will definitely post pics, can't wait to brag about my new home :D
I'll be taking the seats to the scrap yard this weekend and getting it cleaned up, curtains, floor, and start working on my bed and storage. Have to wait til next month to get it titled and insured due to my fund situation but other then that....Super excited!

How sad that you lost your best friend! :( I know I would be devastated if I lost my Bucky.

Good choice on the minivan. Comfort and good MPG are a good combination! :)

Why not put your old seats up for grabs on Craigsli*t?? Are they in that bad of condition??

If not, then you very well be able to make at least alittle $$$ to put into your van's refurnishing kitty.

When I parted out a pick-up, I got $100 for each of the 2 bench seats...and 1 was even kinda rough. (crew cab)

Hi Katelyn,

I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose your best friend. Takes quite some time to even consider that you will heal from such pain. Just remember that our friends are always with us in our hearts. You never completely lose someone you love. we may not be able to touch them, but we can feel them in the love we shared with them. That love is always there.

And congratulations on acquiring your new home! I'm in process on that myself and I look forward to the joy that you must be feeling about that! I can hardly wait to see pictures of your home and the modifications you'll make to make it uniquely your own. I envy your adventure as I look forward to my own!

Blessings and Healing,

Lugh

Katelyn - Congrats on your purchase! I had a Chevy Venture for several years that I bought used at about 135K miles. I loved that van. I didnt live in it but drove it all around the country. I found it to be a very solid vehicle with little that went wrong with it. I sold it at 185K and as far as I know its still running. Good luck with outfitting it...cant wait to see pics.

Sorry to here about your pet but as they say; when one door closes another opens. The venture van was a good choice. My wife has had two of them and they are good runners although the windows have been a problem on both of the ones she's had. You can't keep good window motors in them it seems. I think they're too small and they burn out. Just don't use them much. The one she is driving now has 200,000 miles on it and running strong. Never any engine or transmission troubles on either of them.

Good luck getting it decked out!

Oh; an pictures please!!!!! ;)

I'm so sorry Katelyn to hear about your loss of Bosco. Their lives are so short compared to ours. I will keep you in my prayers that God helps you cope with the pain.

Getting up in the middle of the night. Them dragging in dirt. Can't leave them in the vehicle in the heat. Somehow it's was still worth it all...

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone :)

Good to know people have had good experiences with the Chevy Venture. I did tons of research to see what kind of minivan to get within my price range.
I didn't think anyone would want to buy seats , but heck I'll give it a try, the scrap yard would probably give me 10-15$ a seat, got 30$ for a bench seat last year.
Today I'm going to the local Goodwill and Restore to get some ideas and hopefully find some goodies :D
One of my favorite parts of doing a van conversion!!

Sorry to hear about the loss of Bosco.

Congrats on the Maxi.
We loving our "new" Maxi and haven't even gotten started on the interior.
We're "roughing it" while taking a little vaca and will be back up in Tucson next week to begin part of the build.

Hope to see ya out on the road :)

Latest posts