Lumiax MPPT Controller

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get an EPSolar for about the same price on ebay.If a controller will only handle up to 24 volts,it's not mppt.

It looks like a refactored 3210A Tracer to me, but about $30 cheaper.  Inductor is under the relocated display;  you can see the wires going to it.  
Also being sold as the Allpowers 30A and PowMR 30A.  Epsolar just retooled the A series to AN for low-side-switching (so-called "negative ground") and these popped up at about the same time.  

It's shipped Prime, so you have Prime you can return it within 30 days on Amazon's dime.

Cowboy,I have 6 of the EPSolar CCs and 3 of the blue sky.They all work great.

Oneleggedcowboy said:
Do yall like the Epsolar MPPT controller, I need to be able to handle a 24 volt 360 watt load.

They are fine.  I have a 40A and 10a by them.  Renogy rebrands them and sells them as their own (marked up, natch).

The 2210AN with display is $109.  You can snag a temp probe and PC cable for $10 for both if you want to wait on the slow boat.   $15 if you want it faster.  There is a bluetooth module but I have never seen it used.  So $124.  

The Victron 75/15 referenced above would meet your needs, though the inexpensive ones in that link don't have the bluetooth module ($50 accessory).  The one with bluetooth is currently $118 so that'd be a smarter buy.  It is not clear to me that you can use an external temp probe ($23) without their Smart Battery Monitor ($206).  I sure hope so.  Programming can be done over cellphone app so no PC cable required (or available).   So best case scenario is $141.

They both work fine, and would meet your needs.  The pretty Victron (it really is good looking) will earn you more admiring glances while the homely Epsolar might handle overpaneling better due to monster external heat sink.  Hard to go wrong with either one. 

Or you could go industrial strength with a Morningstar SunSaver MPPT ($260).  It is theoretically undersized at 15A, but after derating for cell temperature, 360w of panel will typically be maxxing out at something like 306W.  Maybe less, as folks fly in calm weather that would not wick heat off the panels as fast.  And Morningstar explicitly says you can overpanel the little booger.  If it hits the wall (max watts or overtemp) it will reduce panel output until things are under control again.

The Victrons really never get hot, even under very heavy use for many hours. I have one of mine over panelled, and one near the volts max.