Loose stuff in your vehicle

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's what happens. Try not to get into an accident.

I thought the way the luggage was stacked was a little strange. I always pack it down and even making sure it is going to sit pretty tight. Good to think about it though. Maybe one of the kids loaded the luggage.

I once loaded a small U-Haul truck. I had used graph paper to figure out each item and its placement. Something went wrong with it half way through the trip. U-Haul brought out a much bigger truck and reloaded for us. They could not figure out how I ever got all that in the back of the small truck. "Make a plan. Work a plan."

I think most people can visualize what a 5 lb sledge hammer will do. 5 lbs of anything else going 60 miles per hour will do something as well. A body in motion tends to remain in motion. (you can quote me if you like).

One way around it could be a partition between the front seats and the back. I've seen them solid, and one with expanded mesh.

I just posted about using a mesh as a lockable bulkhead security.....  What kind of mesh did youy have in mind?  I've looked at web pictures of metal mesh on a cable runner...

thx, jj