looking for non CDL RV delivery jobs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang, they want you to drive 10-14 hours a day, for 4-5 days straight. can they do that? highdesertranger

In the USA, the limit for most CDL interstate drivers is 11 hours driving per day, with on-duty not-driving time added on to that, and no more than 70 hours on-duty total per 8 days. 

There are exeptions and exemptions and different rules for different types of vehicles and products, but that is the general rule for most property-carrying drivers.

Bus drivers have slightly different rules, along with drivers operating intra-state and/or staying within a 150 mile radius of the home terminal.

maki2 said:
The posting about getting free assistance for new glasses is exactly on topic. 

Yep...if the original post contains a variety of topics, it opens the door for a variety of answers.

Horizon Transport hires non-CDL drivers. I happen to have a Class B CDL, but it's not required there. I just quit them after two motorhome deliveries. They were nice people and I'm not putting the company down in any way. The problem was strictly with the pay and the fact that I don't want to live in a car as much as would be required for me to have any significant earnings. I mostly just think I can make more elsewhere doing something else, is all. Good luck wherever you go!

Seminole Wind, Classic Transport out of northern Indiana doesn't require cdl.  You do have to pass a DOT physical and drug screen and make your own arrangements for return trip from wherever you drop the RV.

You could also consider expediting if you aren't married to the RV idea.  It's a great way to make some cash, travel and live in your van.  Let me know if you are interested and I can point you in a good direction for that.