looking for deals

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanontheroad

Reaction score
Ran across an open box of good quality laminated flooring with some damage. Got it for half price. Did the booth floor and the table for $ 9.00 including tax. Keep getting told my photo file is too big. Oh, well. Everyone knows what laminated wood flooring looks like.

jeanontheroad said:
Keep getting told my photo file is too big.

I can't figure out how to shrink photos in my computer's photo program, so I e-mail the photos to myself before I post them. I have two different e-mail addresses that I use on a regular basis, so I pick whichever photo size setting gives me an image of 500 kb or less and send them from one address to the other. Then I transfer the photos from the newly received e-mail to a file folder on my desktop that I call Shrunken Photos. The images from this folder are what I upload to this site.

I find the free-download program Irfanview to be very easy and user-friendly. It has a 'Resize/Resample' setting that is designed for ease of resizing for online use. You can change the file type too, if you like a different image type.

Ok I don't see any way to attach a pic to an email, so I tried emailing the pic to myself and opening it on the tablet instead of the phone. Not very exciting, but it works. We'll trim it with alder after steaming to make the bent and routering to provide just a hint of a lip.

Dang! No photo! I'll try again.

No matter what I do, I can't send, email, post pics taken with my phone. I will try pics taken with tablt or old Nikon another time when I have more light.

If you can post a picture to the web, you can insert any pic directly into a post with a link.
Bob