Looking for a possible member

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USACelt

Reaction score
Hello, All

Not sure if this is correct or not, but here goes.

I live in Clovis, NM and for some time now a Van Dweller has been in town, something like 6-8 months. I never stopped to talk to him i don't know why just didn't. I guess I was respecting his
privacy and space. I just keep tabs on him sort of, a watchful eye so to speak. He is a older fellow and wheel chair bound, has a white chevy astro van with Alaska plates. Any how My SO came home today and told Me he was in some sort of auto accident, Cops ambulance ride stuff, she saw him get loaded on a stretcher and taken away. His van was setting in the middle of a busy intersection here in town. We just drove by out of My curiosity and the van had been moved to a fast food restaurant near the intersection where he was. So van had NO damage to it at all.
I am assuming he had a medical emergency, Maybe heat stroke or the like as it was over a 100 degrees here today.

Does by chance anyone here know this individual? I know it is a long shot. but I would like to find a way to help IF it is needed or wanted.
I am once again going to assume he has most or all his current possessions in that van and It is not in a secure play right now. I have the ability and resources to
get it to a safe place if needed or wanted.

I don't have any idea about who it is, but kudos to you for offering assistance. I hope this all works out. highdesertranger

Maybe try leaving a post on craigslist somewhere as well? Not sure what section to put it under, but they have a community section that probably has an area that would fit.

Glad to know there are still people out there like you.

Kudos to you for caring and trying to do something to help out.

Maybe a sign posted to the door? "NOTICE, this van is under the protection of friendly neighbors."

Make ask the employees of the Fast Food restaurant if the van is okay to stay there (or if it might be towed), mention you'd like to help if you can.

Also perhaps contact the police, mention the situation and that you'd like to help, they might be able to pass a message along with your contact info if the guy wants to take you up on it.

I'm wondering how big is Clovis & how many ER's would need to be checked?  Also he may be known to a merchant or someone in the area where his van was usually parked.   Also the LEO who has that beat/area might be willing to speak to you if you approached when they are out on patrol. Isn't there a data base accessible to civilians to gain info off of vehicle tags.  If you wanted to you might put a note on the van just asking anyone to contact you that has any info re: van owner....who knows he might be the one who contacts you.  It is very good of you to be concerned and not just shrug it off with a "oh well, not by business attitude".  

I hope you find him and he is well.         Jewellann/TJB

I got a idea or two now, I have seen him around a local church and will go there in the morning to ask around.
The ER, I kinda doubt the patient info would be avali. but will try and check it out.
I live very close to where the van sits right now. I ll try and keep a eye out tonight and get a move on stuff tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips, but i am still hoping someone here might just know the fellow.

NM dropped the data base for tags some time ago.

USACelt said:
NM dropped the data base for tags some time ago.

If it is tagged out of state you might be able to access that states data base for registration info.

Ahh I have a look around the google

Nope:

Effective June 1, 2000, the release of vehicle records is restricted by state and federal law. The personal information is integrated into the vehicle record so the record cannot be released unless the person, business, or organization requesting the record qualifies under one of the authorized exceptions shown on Form 851

There are a couple of cancelled groups on facebook. I'll ask there

I figure even in the best case scenario the fellow could use a idea spot to park and recuperate for a bit. and I am going to try My best to see if that is what he wants or needs.

Thanks for trying to help. So many people don't want to get involved. Kudos. Nora

I hope you find out who he is and I hope he takes up your offer of assistance. Good for you for wanting to help.

Keep us posted please.