Longtime YouTube lurker now member

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForestRoadSurfers

Reaction score
Howdy! My name is Jess and have been remodeling an old Hotshots buggy into off grid overlander for my wife and I to live in full time by early next year. Through my research I stumbled upon this community and it has inspired me to join my first forum in over 10 years. We live in Phoenix currently :)

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome Forest Road surfers It’ll be nice to have you as part of our community here. First thing I need now is what is a hot shot buggy. Being that I live with mostly Amish neighbors I know what a buggy is but I don’t know about the hotshot part.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

nature lover said:
Welcome Forest Road surfers  It’ll be nice to have you as part of our community here. First thing I need now is what is a hot shot buggy. Being that I live with mostly Amish neighbors I know what a buggy is but I don’t know about the hotshot part.
 lol, it is the common term for a Hotshot Forest Firefighter transport. Each one is made for the specific dept- mine was a transport for Flathead Hotshots based out of Kalispell Montana. 
The Amish version uses less diesel I presume

They are on my phone but I'll figure out how to put them on here. If you have Instagram you can find as 46moparman I got pictures on there

[ATTACH=full said:
27139[/ATTACH]IMG-2417.jpgIMG-2517.jpgIMG-2518.jpgSend hotshot pics!  Welcome.
Uploaded some from my phone. The interior shots with the tile counter were what it was before but the butcher block pick is what the current remodel my wife and I are doing

Attachments

• IMG-2416.jpg
    IMG-2416.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-2417.jpg
    IMG-2417.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-2517.jpg
    IMG-2517.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-2518.jpg
    IMG-2518.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :)

Quite a nice piece of work there !   I can imagine that with an awning & screen so you could set up some outside living  when the weather permits.   I'm sure here in Southern Ohio, Eastern Kentucky, and Southern West Virginia.....you would be the envy a lot of people. The only thing close to that that I see around here are the traveling sales people's "Show Hauler"  Truck based RV's and they tow big utility trailers full of samples with them to the Malls.

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you with us.

eDJ_ said:
Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :)

Quite a nice piece of work there !   I can imagine that with an awning & screen so you could set up some outside living  when the weather permits.   I'm sure here in Southern Ohio, Eastern Kentucky, and Southern West Virginia.....you would be the envy a lot of people. The only thing close to that that I see around here are the traveling sales people's "Show Hauler"  Truck based RV's and they tow big utility trailers full of samples with them to the Malls.
 Being Westcoast located we have some awesome year round weather choices so I am welding up awnings from my solar array frames and doing a fold down deck from the back for outside living. those show haulers are crazy! As big as she looks she actually sub 10ft high and a touch under 24ft bumper to bumper. Her hub-to-hub center base is the same as a quad cab Ford F150 and with 50 degree of caster turn in she is scarily nimble at turning on single lane forest roads so when you drive you have to get past the height/width feel and realize she will go anywhere you point; I learned that when my wife and I came back down the coast highway through the twisties of South Oregon/North California

She can turn in very nicely for the size; makes sense when you have firefighters needing to get places (and get out faster)