lizard skin / hy-tech insulating paint

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CautionToTheWind

Reaction score
I came across a conversation and recommendation of Lizard Skin product.  The manufacturer has two products (and more) - Ceramic Thermal Insulation Coating and Sound Control. Price point with both are quite high...while searching for alternatives, not sure if Hy-Tech product is a step above, equal to, however do know priced lower than the Lizard Skin. HyTech = 1) Radiant Barrier Paint Coating by Hy-Tech 2) HyTech Insulating Ceramic Paint (reviews)

Question: Anyone experienced with any of the products above either in conversation or real life? Intrigued by the Hy-Tech testimonial page.

(YouTube video) LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation ICE Demo

(YouTube video) 49 Chevy Step Van -- Real life Lizard Skin demo

Lizard Skin conversation online

More conversations...

Let me know what you think; good bad ugly.

My experience was with Hytech, not lizard skin, and I truly wish i never heard of it, tried it, and have to deal with the ramifications of its use( shitty rough paint job which collects dirt like sandpaper)

Thanks! I wasn't clear in my first post (apologies) -- looking for "inside" products for sound and thermal properties. Being able to shoot on the inside, if what it claims, may be a plus. Likely not to be seen or felt. Seeking materials tried and true results...willing to spend the money if I can find it.

Latest posts