Let's talk about wind power

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeeRevell said:
You either lack vision, or are simply on a different plane.  We will just have to differ.  I don't see the sense in your comments.

I think that's quite uncalled for to escalate to a personal judgement. I've been speaking only to the practicality of the concept. This is not a case of "just another way of doing the same thing." If you're talking about freedom of personal choice, then we have no disagreement; people are free to do what they want, as I've said. I'm only doing them the courtesy of letting them know this method will never be the most logical one.

VanKitten said:
Well, I guess I wasn't clear. No my plan was to set it up when there isnt sun, but wind instead. Maybe if I get both...do both. Never thought to try to collect energy with it while driving.

Not at all! Your thread's been hijacked. I think several of us ought to desist and apologize. I'll go first: Sorry, carry on. :D

TMG51 said:
I think that's quite uncalled for to escalate to a personal judgement. I've been speaking only to the practicality of the concept. This is not a case of "just another way of doing the same thing." If you're talking about freedom of personal choice, then we have no disagreement; people are free to do what they want, as I've said. I'm only doing them the courtesy of letting them know this method will never be the most logical one.

Not at all! Your thread's been hijacked. I think several of us ought to desist and apologize. I'll go first: Sorry, carry on. :D

No personal attack given or implied.  Just trying to understand something I do not understand.  I like to see the reasoning behind things.  Here, I don't.  Simple as it is.  Sorry for your misunderstanding.  I still stand by my statements as delivered.  We will, as I said, just remain in nonagreement.   As I am apparently missing something fundamental ere, I will bow out.

VanKitten said:
I have though if I could have both going (solar and wind) it would mean having a nearly full function kitchen during those times.

I prefer kitchens which require no power, only cooking fuel.  That much less to go wrong, break, or worry about.

I am a huge fan of both the TSTB & KISS principles. (The Simpler The Better, and Keep It Stupidly Simple)  Both have served me much better than the opposite.

And never forget Murphy's Law...  He was a very intelligent fellow. "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, and usually at the most inopportune time."

I like to cook, and I like to eat, and the fewer the things that could interfere with this daily process, the better.

We've gotten so off-track on a strictly theoretical argument that we missed that we have a guy right here who uses a wind generator on a daily basis when he travels. (see post 36 above)

If anyone is still interested in the real world use of wind generators instead of arguing, you can ask him your questions.
Bob