learning more about what I want..and how to accomplish it..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0ldengirl68

Reaction score
..from Bob's Blog.  I am learning more and more about what I want to do thank goodness, and how I want to do it.  At first I didn't know what else to do but keep asking about things, but I am realizing there is such a wealth of knowledge about being a Nomad, right here on Bob's Blog, and I also found a lot of great stuff on Enigmatic Nomads videos.  Bob's Blog though, gave me a Camper Build I could almost do by myself.  A gal with no wood-working skills.

Right now I have a bid in for garage space at a place my gal-friend house-sits down at our beach, Crescent City CA. She will be talking to the owner when they drop in for the weekend, Saturday.  I have other friends willing to help but I've been slow to figure out exactly what I want. 

Anyway, just wanted to say that I am grateful for all those that help folks like me figure things out.  I think it's amazing how much work Bob has put into sharing his knowledge with anyone willing to read it ;) as well as those that answer post after post from people like me that just feel like they are spinning their wheels going nowhere ;) Denise

yea the best way to know you in all this is research what other's do, how they set up and what they wanted, and real fast you can say ---HEY I NEED that cause I love it and desire it for my personal comfort or you look at how other's set up etc. and say I SURE WILL never wanna do that.........and thru all that experience of other's they share you can then start to whittle down into your own personal needs and what you really want and don't want.

You can learn alot about what is a must have for you.

Like for me standing tall is a must. I can't do any 'low roofs' and crawling and all that stuff. That is just a very personal thing that would be my #1 must have on my list for any future time on the road.....and that is a ME thing as you will find yourself 'your thing'

Tons and I mean TONS of stuff on the internet to help us truly weed thru what we want and how we want our life on the road......other's sure can point us in right directions.

take your time, you do you and ya got it made!

Headed up river today to see if Doug and Paulette are still at their last camping spot. Taking a friend with me and he is 84, but doesn't get to do much, couldn't leave him behind. He is a neat ole guy, still makes the most beautiful leather goods, and takes them down to our local fairs etc.

We will camp just 2 nights, less if the heat is too much for Tom especially. I told him it might be too much for both of us, the heat, and if he wanted to stay home he should. He told me he'd follow me up there anyway lol ;) It's better he's riding with me, so I can keep a close watch on him.

Last night I was loading/carrying down our gear and he was just sitting watching his TV. I said "why am I doing all the work" and he just smiled at me, lol ;) He was getting his stuff out for me though so he must have been quicker than I thought he could move! He was back in his chair every time I got back and his stuff was out ready for me to haul down ;)

I am looking forward to finally meeting Paulette, a cat, and a Doug ;) Hope you're all doing good wherever you are, Denise

Thanks Roamer, good advice :) I know I want a bit more than I can afford right now, but experience is what I need. I'm taking this short-trip today, be back on Monday. My truck isn't set up yet, but we'll do tents. I will hopefully see new friends today I haven't met in person, just through the forum and texting so far. It will help to meet face to face and chat about what might be doable with my truck, and mostly, listening to folks that are actually doing the Nomad thing.

I'm so familiar with where they are camping now that it won't be an issue for me in that respect. Camped there many times through the years, just not but one campout in the last, 6 years. This will be the 2nd try, and much better since not a long distance. Last time was too much to start out so easy does it, and I'll learn more as I go, of what will be the best way for me ;) Right now, I'm looking at the camper-build that Bob did on a F150 pickup. Everything is in the blog so it was such a good read, Denise