Leak in back of 03 Ford E150 [split]

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadVanMan

Reaction score
I have an 03 ford e150. i replaced the weatherstripping on the back doors and still have an issue with leaking. Any suggestions?

I can't say what it is, but I also had this issue with my van (1998 Dodge B1500) and finally will seal it and spray that sealer all over the back and call ti done and never open the doors again....

I am guessing that van was in a wreck (ok, ok I know, check the carfax from now on) and the repairs were acceptable, but they didn't fully "Fix" the issue...

I have the same issue with my 01 E150 so I'm looking forward to more about this.

Where did you buy your door seals? I have to replace all of mine front and rear.

Headache said:
I have the same issue with my 01 E150 so I'm looking forward to more about this.

Where did you buy your door seals?  I have to replace all of mine front and rear.

I think I got my seals off of Rockauto.com.  I've ordered so much that is hard to remember.

try again. sometimes it takes several times to get it just right. highdesertranger

I can't tell you what's wrong without looking at it, but I can advise you to think of how water runs. Downhill. Find the highest point of the leak..... maybe the gasket is not tight and can be resolved with some silicone caulking in the short term.... be smarter than water and gravity and you'll be fine!

MadVanMan said:
I think I got my seals off of Rockauto.com.  I've ordered so much that is hard to remember.

I am also a frequent customer of theirs.  Great prices and fast shipping.  Thanks for the heads up as I'll be buying the seals next month.