Metal and rubber sealing strip that covers seam between top of van and fiberglass hightop

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneeus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1994 Ford E150 with a fiberglass top. I have notice a few spots where the rubber has pulled away from the metal strip that is supposed to hold it in place, and I would like to replace the metal strip and the rubber strip. Does anyone know a source? Thank you in advande,

Geneeus

I believe if you search this forum you will find some older threads about the subject.

Hi, I have a 1994 Ford E150 with a fiberglass top. I have notice a few spots where the rubber has pulled away from the metal strip that is supposed to hold it in place, and I would like to replace the metal strip and the rubber strip. Does anyone know a source? Thank you in advande,

Geneeus
Amazon has a fellow that sells 2 sizes of the vinyl strips that clip onto the metal brackets. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073FVPZ5B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00? I just did my 1998 Dodge conversion van because that old plastic was hard as a rock, not easy to get off, and there were missing pieces. There are several styles of metal strips out there. (I do not have a source for those) I searched all over before finding the guy on amazon because my trim piece snaps on the outside top and bottom of the metal strips, and all the others I could find online snapped inside of the strip. I was able to retain my metal strip after cleaning all the gunk from it and I tightened down all the screws as some were pretty loose. It looks great now.

Last edited:

Latest posts