Launched my YouTube Channel!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollis87

Reaction score
Well, I did it... I launched a YouTube Channel. “Chan The Chinook”

My first video is up!  I have made a few, as I’m learning, so I’ll release a new one each day until they’re all out there. (There’s 7-8 I think) and then I’ll start making new ones as I head toward the SW desert to begin my new life on the road. I’m finding that I love editing and am thinking this will be my on the road hobby. 
Enjoy!
H

That's a nice looking Chinook.  The inside looks really nice.  A bed, a shower and a kitchen and a 4 legged navigator what else does a person need!
 I know someone with a mid '70s { I think } Chinook who is doing a total rebuild on the interior and also mechanically.

JewellAnn

I enjoyed your first video. I'd like to see more of Berkeley! (before you leave) . . . I'm also starting a travel channel and have one video on it. Travel Around ... when I get my van next spring I might change it to Travel Around in a Van - because there are other YouTube channels with the Travel Around name and I want my channel to be easy to find in the YouTube search engine.

Is this your first YouTube channel? I have other channels - for books, art, and faith. It is just a hobby for me - I don't anticipate earning money there and that is not why I'm doing it. I create at YouTube as a challenge to self, and as a way to leave a legacy for my family. It has also turned out to be a great way to make new friends who are doing the same thing.

Good luck, Hollis. Must be fulfilling to launch. I'll stay tuned.

Hi, New here, Congratulations on your new YouTube video. A couple of suggestions. Slow down your movements, counts of about ten with every scene so your viewers don't get sick. 
Question - are you using your phone or something else??? 
Next - your Chinook is older, parts harder to find, might I be so bold as to suggest you find another mechanic. 
I know costs are super high in the SF Bay area, and I did not get to read all that is wrong with your rig because you flipped through the papers so fast, but it looks like this Midas guys are funding their vacation home with your rig repairs.  I know i tis hard to find reputable mechanism who know what they are doing and won't rip you off. 
Do some research. 
Also black out any personal information on those papers.....stay safe

Good luck.

Well, honestly, I thought that was a great first video and that's why I was wondering if she had any other channels, because it didn't look like a first video.

Mechanics do try to rip off single women. Just a few months ago I needed a starter replaced on my car and of course, I got ripped off (charged too much for an easy repair) but they also tried to convince me to get costly engine repair for an extra 3000 dollars. My car didn't need that repair. I said no . . . and the car is fine... but it made me think about how easy it is to be taken advantage of. Not sure what to do about that. Maybe, get a variety of estimates and see who is willing to be ethical?

KMazer said:
Hi, New here, Congratulations on your new YouTube video. A couple of suggestions. Slow down your movements, counts of about ten with every scene so your viewers don't get sick. 
Question - are you using your phone or something else??? 
Next - your Chinook is older, parts harder to find, might I be so bold as to suggest you find another mechanic. 
I know costs are super high in the SF Bay area, and I did not get to read all that is wrong with your rig because you flipped through the papers so fast, but it looks like this Midas guys are funding their vacation home with your rig repairs.  I know i tis hard to find reputable mechanism who know what they are doing and won't rip you off. 
Do some research. 
Also black out any personal information on those papers.....stay safe

Good luck.

Hi, yeah, I crossed my name and address off that paperwork. And I did get another mechanic! Whew! I’m working on sound, all I have is a GoPro, so I’ll get a little mic for it and see if that helps. 
☮️

travelaround said:
Well, honestly, I thought that was a great first video and that's why I was wondering if she had any other channels, because it didn't look like a first video.

Mechanics do try to rip off single women. Just a few months ago I needed a starter replaced on my car and of course, I got ripped off (charged too much for an easy repair) but they also tried to convince me to get costly engine repair for an extra 3000 dollars. My car didn't need that repair. I said no . . . and the car is fine... but it made me think about how easy it is to be taken advantage of. Not sure what to do about that. Maybe, get a variety of estimates and see who is willing to be ethical?

Thx! I have gotten a few estimates, the work is all done now and I’m on the road! I was in Idaho last July... I love it there. I spend some of my summers in Montana too. ☮️

Txjaybird said:
That's a nice looking Chinook.  The inside looks really nice.  A bed, a shower and a kitchen and a 4 legged navigator what else does a person need!
 I know someone with a mid '70s { I think } Chinook who is doing a total rebuild on the interior and also mechanically.

JewellAnn

If I was rich, I’d get 4x4 on it! Yes, it’s a very sweet lil RV. I’m actually parked in a Boondocking situation now as I’m traveling. Super comfortable!☮️

Loved the end when you told your dog it was going on the longest ride of it's life :) and so are you! good video!

Latest posts