Landrover re config into a one person home on wheels part 2

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaky roof

Reaction score
Still on the subject of emergencies and so on......First-aid....don’t panic!

As a solo traveller I strongly recommend that you empower yourself with the knowledge of how to treat injuries.... By empowering yourself you put yourself in control, and if you are in control there’s no panic. Most thrift shops will have a book on first-aid, make it compulsory reading and keep first-aid books with your first-aid kit.

Here’s my twist....

Remember, if you do do yourself damage, most likely there’s going to be some bleeding, and to stop bleeding you need to apply pressure. This ties up one of your hands, and complicates things rather badly.

So apart from a well stocked first-aid kit, here’s what I do I have a dedicated wound wash kit that’s easily accessible and I can get it together using one and a bit hands. (see photo) . It cosists of a plactic tub, water, disinfectant, swabs, plasters, a triangular bandage and cotton wool, and is intended to be a “first-line” defence.

Handy, quick and most likely, I can deploy it even though I’m applying pressure with one of my hands....

Just a tip.....

The kit
landy re config 7 wound wash kit c.jpg

The plastic bag is to work on and keep dirt out
landy re config 7 wound wash kit b.jpg

The bits and pieces
landy re config 7 wound wash kit a.jpg

Attachments

• landy re config 7 wound wash kit a.jpg
    landy re config 7 wound wash kit a.jpg
    891 KB · Views: 4
  • landy re config 7 wound wash kit b.jpg
    landy re config 7 wound wash kit b.jpg
    990.6 KB · Views: 5
  • landy re config 7 wound wash kit c.jpg
    landy re config 7 wound wash kit c.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 2
Suture kit and super glue. Under $10 here in the States. Might be over kill, or might not be.

This is a good post to remind people to be prepared for what they can prepare for!

we used Blood Stop powder on livestock, for humans there is products like WoundSeal at like walgreens or cvs…..developed for people on blood thinners to stop bleeding instantly.....we carry some of this in our med kit onboard for when ya just don't know....or if alone and no one to keep pressure on a bad bleed situation, you can sprinkle powder to help yourself get med treatment. one of those things ya carry and never use hopefully but ya never know :)

I'm thinking, It's not the contents that's the narrative, it's more the "be prepred for an injury that you have to sort out with only one hand" kinda thing?