LADIES. Please Help. Color Scheme. My CT

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blmkid said:
### Forum Admin, Please move this to Mod's & Conversions.#####

This is something I'm not sure about. What I want. 1/4" luan ceiling panels stained with,
 Minwax Golden Oak stain.

Fabric for walls:
Tucson Stone Turquoise

Tucson Stone Gold

Fabric pics from:
https://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabric-novelty-conversational-quilt-fabrics-western-flair.aspx

Tuscon Stone Turquoise or Tuscon Stone Gold fabric? Ladies, do they both go well with the Minwax Golden Oak stain?

Now the BIG question. Anybody experienced using Minwax Golden Oak Stain on luan 1/4". Will the color be like the pic above, as in color after applying the stain?
Hi, to stop any wood especially soft wood from absorbing stain quickly and getting too dark and blotching, first use Mineral Spirits on the wood, I did this when staining all new house trim, worked great.   I laugh at Luan for the name of wood because its my name which is not normally spelled this way but Luanne, Louann etc.   The wood is Lauan correct spelling, not to be a pain, please no negative comments.  

I would keep ceiling light as it will reflect light better when you want light at night, also lighter colors make areas feel larger than dark. 

The first fabric (Tucson Stone Gold) is my first choice, don't put in too many patterns to compete with each other, especially in small areas.

In color selection remember that there will never be a perfect match from fabric, wood, tile, plastic etc. all surfaces will take color differently so accept slight differences in the shade as long as it coordinates you'll be fine.  Have fun and make it comfortable for you without over doing it, your home your choice.

LF retired interior designer.

Latest posts