Kindle Unlimited

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treknik

Reaction score
So, recently Amazon bricked my Kindle. An older Kindle got into some weird mode where it would continuously reboot. So I reset it. Big mistake as it couldn't be registered again resulting in no WIFI syncing. Hours of Amazon support resulted in them telling me they couldn't help and just a discount on a new Kindle.

So, Kindle Unlimited lets you rent 20 titles at a time for about 10 bucks a month. You can often get a free trial.

However, I realized if you go to your content & devices on Amazon you can download to your PC and transfer books via USB to your Kindle. So, if you have Kindle Unlimited you can essentially download endless books to your PC and copy to your PC as desired even after your rentals have expired. Just don't sync your device with Amazon. BTW there are many Kindle free books. IMHO Amazon Prime is the best entertainment investment available. Just got a Kindle HD 10 Plus tablet. Works great for viewing magazines which you can get for free via your library app along with free books.

I just downloaded about 40 cookbooks from Amazon to my Kindle HD Plus.

I recently acquired a kobo device after discovering that Amazon censors books. You can't buy books that Jeff Bezos doesn't agree with. I'm enjoying the kobo device and I was able to transfer my older kindle books to my kobo, but not recent ones.

Amazon can also alter an ebook on your device without your consent.