Just Ran Into My First Build Problem

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanKnucklehead

Reaction score
I am converting my 1997 Honda Odyssey, Where the heck do I sell these seats?? I cant really ship, who would pay that fee?? Ive had ad's up local for a week, Even took out a ad in "video Gaming" to sell as game chairs. These seats are in excellent condition & I hate to just chunk them, But I have no clue to where there is a buying market.

Attachments

• 118824233_10214837034359390_1171300407458710103_n.jpg
    118824233_10214837034359390_1171300407458710103_n.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 11
if you need something at a junk yard sometimes you can work out a swap. please don't think you are going to pull a fast one on them, they WILL come out on top.

are those factory seats?

also what area are you in?

highdesertranger

Yes they are factory, in excellent cond. The back of this van has never been used. I am in Okla City. I am not sure what i would need from a junkyard right now, BUT maybe work a deal on future credit,,thank you, ill keep this idea in mind

so sorry I didn't realize that was your first post.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

You're looking at a pretty small market:  Someone with a Odyssey like yours that needs seats or someone with an older car that doesn't care if the seats match.

I've bought and sold seats at automotive swap meets and I see seats all the time for sale on Craigslist.  I've also seen seats on the curb with a free sign.

I put the rear seats from my Honda Element on craigslist.  Put them up for $35. Took $20.  like you I did not want to put them into the trash but knew the market for them would be limited. Of coursee there are other places to list them such as Facebook Marketplace.  or you can list them for free. There are people who take free stuff to resell to supplement their income. That is fine as in situations where you can't hang around to sell them it is still a win/win recycling method.

Spaceman Spiff said:
You're looking at a pretty small market:  Someone with a Odyssey like yours that needs seats or someone with an older car that doesn't care if the seats match.

I've bought and sold seats at automotive swap meets and I see seats all the time for sale on Craigslist.  I've also seen seats on the curb with a free sign.
yes i understand,,very slim market,,but i have ads in the marketplace, craigslist and cross posted in gaming as gaming chairs, crossing my fingers

Dang. I wonder if they could be fitted onto the seat bases of my Ford van. My driver's seat is getting worn and I need to get some good covers or a newer seat.

PM sent.

Im sorry,,ive looked all over this screen for messages, i dont see the button, but i typed a mistake,,they are seats from a 2007 not a 1997

Juan above the thread look for the blue button that says "PMs" click on that. or you should have gotten a notification and you can click on that. highdesertranger

I think what I am going to do is start hitting car lots,,,Those guys are the used car dealers, if someone needs a seat, it would be them. I know they are going to low ball me & i am cool with that, But I am gonna go in with the attitude "if I can get a $25 offer on each, I can get him to 35 or maybe even 40 each" (good luck)  30 x 5 = 150, ill take that for the set and feel like a winner

slow2day said:
Dang. I wonder if they could be fitted onto the seat bases of my Ford van.

With enough fabrication just about any seat can be made to work in any vehicle. (For example, a guy installed the seats from my S-10 into a Maverick.) How much work are you able to do?  How much can you pay someone else to do it?

highdesertranger said:
Juan above the thread look for the blue button that says "PMs" click on that.  or you should have gotten a notification and you can click on that.  highdesertranger
Thank you,,,I looked all over for the word "Messages",,,Who would know it was the PM button,,,its why im knucklehead,,lolololol

slow2day said:
Dang. I wonder if they could be fitted onto the seat bases of my Ford van.  My driver's seat is getting worn and I need to get some good covers or a newer seat.

PM sent.
i think i sent you a reply back