Just getting started

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tula

Reaction score
Hi fellow travelers,
I have been camping in my truck with a canopy since 1994.  I feel like I'm movin' on up after I bought a Chevy 2500.  My camping experience is about to change!  I'm super excited to pimp my van and am overwhelmed with the amount of choices for a cooktop, fridge, solar, flooring, etc...  It's hard to weed thru what info on the web is based on experience vs simply marketing products, or maybe a bit of both.  Joining this group is a first start to hear what others have experienced and share my learnings along the way.
Looking fwd to a long strange trip to no where in particular.
Tula

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome! Tell us about your former topper as well!

Welcome Tula and best of luck with your plans. I have a Chevy van too, and I made a video about the build. It is here:    if you want to see some ideas.

bullfrog said:
Welcome! Tell us about your former topper as well!
Former topper was a Leer shell on a Tacoma truck.  It was the type that was level with the cab so not much headroom.  It worked for wkend trips and some week long trips.  I'm ready to have something I can stand up in. :)

Sofisintown said:
Welcome Tula and best of luck with your plans. I have a Chevy van too, and I made a video about the build. It is here:    if you want to see some ideas.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for sharing your build.  You put some heart into it!  Love the custom paint - nice touch.[/font]

Latest posts