Just For Fun

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Monty Python's Life of Brian, Pontius Pilate's wife's name was Incontinenta Buttocks.

Love Monty Python

Johnny

In Monty Python's Life of Brian, Pontius Pilate's wife's name was Incontinenta Buttocks.

Love Monty Python

Johnny
Rather sexist to give her such a name without changing Pontius Pilate to Pompous Phlatulant

^^^ on my camping trip to France I noticed that they they have it figured out just right with very sensible business models. They have Bar Tabacs. They open early in the morning for stong espressos and cigarettes and then sandwiches and wine for lunch. But of course closed for several hours after lunch for taking naps. Then they reopen for evening drinking. An all day audit day care except for nap time breaks!

Where was that product when I really needed it? I would have loved it for dealing with several male dominating bullies at the building where I was doing my travel trailer renovation. Sorry officer, I was not physically assaulting them, it was just “ self defense” with a non lethal weapon they understood.

Rather sexist to give her such a name without changing Pontius Pilate to Pompous Phlatulant

Pontius is a surname, his first name was Pilate. Like Japanese names, the family surname is given first and the personal name comes after.

Interestingly, the Pontius family history begins with a Supreme General of the Pontus region of Italy. Compare him to Eisenhower's role in WW2. His distinction is that he mismanaged the war against Rome, and lost the war in less than two weeks. Rome was good with a short, thus cheaper war.

Next up in the Pontius lineage was a plebe senator, whose distinction is that he was one of the many senators who plunged a blade into Julius Caesar.

Last up is Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor of Judea, who presided over the trial of Jesus, turning the verdict over to the rabble to decide Jesus's fate. Loose jurisprudence.

Pontius is a surname, his first name was Pilate. Like Japanese names, the family surname is given first and the personal name comes after.

Interestingly, the Pontius family history begins with a Supreme General of the Pontus region of Italy. Compare him to Eisenhower's role in WW2. His distinction is that he mismanaged the war against Rome, and lost the war in less than two weeks. Rome was good with a short, thus cheaper war.

Next up in the Pontius lineage was a plebe senator, whose distinction is that he was one of the many senators who plunged a blade into Julius Caesar.

Last up is Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor of Judea, who presided over the trial of Jesus, turning the verdict over to the rabble to decide Jesus's fate. Loose jurisprudence.
But but but… that is a history lesson🤬

But but but… that is a history lesson🤬
My apologies.

Rather interesting that all through world history, including American history, that members of prestigious families get rewarded for doing almost nothing. Money for nothing.

Last edited: