Just arrived in Flagstaff from Denver...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toilfreelife

Reaction score
....almost made it in a day, not as far as I thought. 

Trying to establish and get to meetin' people in tribe and helping people with their rigs (in a rudimentary way mostly to be able to live in them without too much trouble or stress), so please, please give a call and see if we can meet up.  Walmart is it for me until I get this help. 

I'm a 30 year carpenter/handyman willing to, for free, and for what the person can afford, help in this way on a full time basis.  Have all my own tools, work rig/home,  and can travel a reasonable distance, let's say for now, from a point out from Flagstaff a matter of a few hundred miles. 

Rich,    760 681-4926,    tanks a bunch...

You can't stay at the Walmart in Flag. Stop by the Visitor Center at the train station downtown (it's right on Rt 66) and pick up a Motor Vehicle Use Map, which shows all the campsites in the Forest. If they're out, go to the Ranger Station (they can show you where that is.)

The Dire Wolfess

Yep, nearly all the Walmarts in AZ are no-go. Local city ordinances.

Hey Rich

Are you planning on going to Jaime's van build party in Nov? It's from the 1st thru Thanksgiving. I know it's a few months off, but there's plenty of opportunities to help and be helped.

Parker is about 250 miles west of Flagstaff, so it kinda stretches your couple hundred miles guideline.

~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Lot of free national forest lands to camp in near Flagstaff. A-1 Mountain rd, Walnut Canyon, Cinder Lake (Cinder Hills?) OHV area. Dogtown Lake near Williams, AZ.

Yeah, Walmart is not the best choice (even though I've seen people camp there, despite the ordinance)... if you get there early enough, you can stay for a night in the Cracker Barrel parking lot, though it would be nice to eat dinner or breakfast there if you stay, so it's not really free. You can find a ton of free camp sites online, via freecampsites or campendium. The area around A-1 Mountain Road on the west side of Flagstaff is very popular and easy accessible.

Rich... I could use your help for a month on a project I'm working on. I'll send you a message tomorrow.