Just an Oregonian getting ready

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twoburningboots

Reaction score
So, I am thankfully employed at the moment, with a fairly decent job, that is allowing me to 1, save up, and 2, plan out how I want to go about this.

For the time being, I am slowly modifying, repairing my 1989 chevy s10 4x4 extended cab 4.3 v6 pickup. For the time being, it is mostly repairs, ie: replacing all the brake components (done), rebuilding the transmission, and upgrading it with a transgo shift kit, and heavy duty clutch discs/sunshell, new seals, and upgraded pump(done and installed) now I'm on to saving for a remain motor, while I replace the entire front suspension and add airbag helpers to the rear.

I'm a little guy, this truck should serve perfectly for me as I've lived in an 86 s10 blazer comfortably for a year when I was 17, but I do plan on purchasing(post repair) a small possible runaway trailer to make life far more luxurious.

For the time being, I am married, quite happily, but while my boots are burning, I think my wife's have grown roots. We shall see, but we are both adults, and have known self happiness has been key to the success of a healthy relationship. And she acknowledges that quite simply, I am not happy working 50 hours a week to give a majority of my take home to somebody so that we have a roof over the head, and a space for us to fill up with junk.

But I digress, I am excited, and am looking forward to this new exciting journey, and the opportunity to make new memories.

Welcome Burning boots to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

I love those Runaway trailers....but don't want to tow anything at this point. Maybe when they make enough of the custom ones you can stand up in, then I will be tempted.

Welcome! Always nice to see another from one of the most beautiful states. Good luck on your truck and your plans!

Thank you all for the welcomes, and indeed the pnw is truly breathtaking.

I have my moments between a weeroll trailer, and a runaway trailer, but I'm drawn to the runaway myself for simple reasons. Low clearance, I really like not going 'crud, is that branch going to nail the roof?' And at a dinky 700 pound range, and considering once I have the canopy on the pickup, it will be well under the height of the pickup, and right in the slipstream of it, not disrupting the fuel mileage of the truck too terribly.

Plus, kitchen in the canopy, bed behind it, and breathtaking views wherever I chase the sun? What am I missing out on?