jet packs and reception at RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah for now I was going to go with the prepaid. I don't have the charging cradle I have the house charger and car charger, and my little seal is still there and working fine. highdesertranger

WriterMs said:
I'm confused. I thought Verizon did not allow use of their phones as a hotspot for other devices?

Don't they now charge you extra for each device?

Maybe I'm a change or two behind. It's been a few years since I went to the Verizon store and found out my slightly old hotspot (looks just like the cheaper one HDR linked to) would add about $80 to my bill .. over and above my phone.

I have been using StraightTalk's separate hotspot because they sell data at $10 per GB. And that was the cheapest way to go I found that also used Verizon towers.

They used to.  I got a new smart phone last Nov and the sales person pointed out the hotspot function.  I asked the same question (about having to pay for that) and he said they no longer charge for it.

They want you to go over because they are charging you for every gigabyte you use, first in your monthly fee and then a penalty if you go over it.
Bob

Paisley777 said:
They used to.  I got a new smart phone last Nov and the sales person pointed out the hotspot function.  I asked the same question (about having to pay for that) and he said they no longer charge for it.

This is for Verizon?  I was thinking it was only Sprint or one of the other lesser ones was doing that to garner more customers.

I have no idea what you people are talking about!!!!

Hotspots, JETPACKS????

Huhhhhhh?????

I just don't get this techno-stuff, and I'm younger than a lot of you!!! :p

(...maybe I should go ask my grandson...he'll know!!) :D

hahaha Patrick I didn't know what to call them either I had to look it up. highdesertranger

Yeah, Patrick, I'd be LOST without my grandsons! Computers, iPhones, DISH TV, even cars! They know it ALL!!!

Off Grid 24/7 said:
I am no expert on this, but here's my thoughts anyway...

Would upgrading your phone to one that would allow it to be a hot spot, be a better solution?  One less thing to carry...

Just a thought...

Hi I have a hotspot on my verizon phone. I have never been where it hasn't worked. I like it. :)

I'm with Patrick46 when it comes to being clueless on mobile communications. I have a dumb phone and a minutes plan that I rarely use. Not even sure how to text with it.
I would like to get a little more knowledgeable on these things so if anyone could direct me to a source of "good" basic information I sure would appreciate it.

MtDave said:
I'm with Patrick46 when it comes to being clueless on mobile communications. I have a dumb phone and a minutes plan that I rarely use. Not even sure how to text with it.
I would like to get a little more knowledgeable on these things so if anyone could direct me to a source of "good" basic information I sure would appreciate it.

Do you want my grandson's cel number???

This forum is as good a place as any to get answers to your tech questions
Why don't you non tech savvy ask here ?

I'll start off with an answer.

A hotspot is a device that acts as a wi-fi router but is mobile and gets you connected to the internet via cell phone towers.

Some cell phones are capable of acting as a hotspot depending on the service provider.

OK....I got that! ^^^

(I actually 'did' kinda figure it out on my own, due to the way the conversation was going...but Thankyou!) :)

YW
Maybe I should start another thread for tech questions?
Maybe someone at RTR can help those that are there too.
Wish I was going........

Latest posts