I've been thinking too long...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi! After I posted a huge, long post, I am really serious about getting some kind of a trailer, that will be my last home hopefully, and Im not that much into driving, so I figure I'll maybe move 2 or 3 times a year, possibly, was looking into land, but it's just so iffy and I've been through the 1st and 2nd mortgage chokehold too long to go back to that! Also, it is very difficult to find usable land with water, and not too many restrictions in an area that I would want to be! I was thinking about AZ but, it is hot there mostly, and where it isnt there is snow, which I'd like to stay away from, I am originally a California girl, and not the kind that went skiing on the weekends either....also not the Valley or Hollywood type, I grew up in the Channel Islands area, and it was always nice weather for the most part, I just got priced out...and wound up living in Red Bluff, CA  for 25 years, was pretty stuck, but Im just now realizing that the longest I ever stayed anywhere was where I was miserable, and stuck feeling, It's not pretty, but I finally got out, and Im just trying to find a cheaper way and place to live, as Washington, at least western Wa is quite expensive, I landed in the most expensive area, but also after being underpaid for over 15 years, I'm finally being paid better, but it isn't going to help with 10% sales tax on everything! And by Oct. I will know if our rent goes up, and hopefully before then I have a Plan B.. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :)

I wish you the best in charting a course out of one of the most expensive areas of the USA and navigating through your new life.  There's 
loads of info here and experienced people to assist you and be your sounding board.

All the best !

Welcome Barb to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

You could have a low land home for the winter and a highland home for the summer. They do not have to be geographically that far apart. There are people who do that in New Mexico and Arizona as there is that type of terrain in those two states.

Yeah, I had thought of that, looking into Las Vegas, as my daughter lives there and i could stay with her for a time, scope things out and find a way to stay winters there and maybe make it up to my sons for summer, as this has got to be the best summer I've had in like forever! We'll have 2 days of bright sun and 80, and then a day or 2 of grey and 62! Im loving it!
Barb