Its Football Season ‘24!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Florida St got their ass handed to them last night by Boston College 28-13. Lookin like it’ll be a long season for my Seminoles.

BC got off to a 21-6 lead on a complete lack of Seminole defense and with the help of Florida State miscues the Eagles coasted from there.

Sorry HC; no fan of SoCal here unless they’re playing Ohio St or Notre Dame and we get them in The Big House on the 21st. My SC hatred goes back to the Charles White “td” fumble in the ‘79 Rose Bowl vs 〽️ichigan that every1 in Murahka watching could see except the ref standing yards away looking square at it. Won’t say that game was rigged but if it looks like a duck……..

I’ll see u in a few weex but 〽️y mind is on Texas this week.

jonny football

1725385699378.png

Hook'em!!!

ITS FOOTBALL SATURDAY!!

IMG_2835.jpeg
The Big Game this week is in Ann Arbor at The Big House where my 〽️ichigan Wolverines host the 4th Ranked Texas Longhorns.

Kickoff is 12noon ET on FOX.

Will 〽️ichigan’s Offense against the Longhorn’s Defense be able to control this game in a deliberate & methodical ground & pound fashion?

vs

The explosive Longhorn Offense against a top rated Wolverine Defense?

Special Teams look about equal on paper.

Games like this come down to which team makes the fewest mistakes: turnovers, penalties or a play on special teams……..

Texas is favored but 〽️ichigan is at home.
IMG_2836.png

tmp.gif

ITS FOOTBALL SATURDAY!!

View attachment 36308
The Big Game this week is in Ann Arbor at The Big House where my 〽️ichigan Wolverines host the 4th Ranked Texas Longhorns.

Kickoff is 12noon ET on FOX.

Will 〽️ichigan’s Offense against the Longhorn’s Defense be able to control this game in a deliberate & methodical ground & pound fashion?

vs

The explosive Longhorn Offense against a top rated Wolverine Defense?

Special Teams look about equal on paper.

Games like this come down to which team makes the fewest mistakes: turnovers, penalties or a play on special teams……..

Texas is favored but 〽️ichigan is at home.
View attachment 36306

View attachment 36307

TEXAS 31 - MICHIGAN 12

HOOK'EM!!!!!!!!!!!

1725738047737.png

Attachments

• 1725738034196.png
    1725738034196.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 0
OOWWWCH!!!!!!

Texas Longhorns 31 〽️ichigan Wolverines 12

My Wolverines got ran over by a Longhorn Stampede……..
This game shows the difference in the play of a 3 year veteran quarterback who will be in the NFL next year vs a walk on quarterback who played little in high school and started only his 2nd game.
Michigan needed to avoid turnovers to have a chance to win this game and that did not happen.
2 interceptions and a fumble and with a shanked punt……effectively 4 turnovers by the Wolverines to none for Texas.

Texas reminded me alot of last years National Champions Michigan Wolverines and maybe this will be the Longhorns year.

What can I say?
Hook ‘em Horns
jonny football

Im actually not a big pro sports fan at all but i will be tuning in somewhat to todays NFL……..

Will keep an eye on the Chargers formerly known as San Diego because of former 〽️ichigan player & coach Jim Harbaugh; who is now Chargers Head Coach. Harbaugh was QB at 〽ichigan when I went there. No, I never attended any games and saw him play as I was far to busy working on my graduate engineering degree to be bothered with sports.

Will also tune in to the Cowboys game as The G.O.A.T. aka Tom Brady - another former
〽️ichigan Quarterback great - makes his debut as FOX game analyst. Listening to TB - The Talking Head - is going to crack me up. 😂

Great News for us western College Football fans.

The PAC 2 (aka PAC 12) is now the PAC 6. The Pac-12 officially pivoted to a new era Thursday morning, announcing that Boise State, Fresno State, Colorado State and San Diego State will join the conference beginning with the 2026-27 school year. They’ll join Oregon State and Washington State, schools that remained when the conference was left in ruins a year ago following the departure of 10 schools

We just need 2 more schools by July 2026 to reach the NCAA minimum of eight to be considered a FBS conference.

I also think the different conferences need to drop the numbers from their names and get more creative. This 2-6-10-12-stuff is getting confusing.

It’s Football 🏈 Saturday!

〽️ichigan Wolverines hosting Arkansas State Red Wolves. BTN 12 noon
1726314896651.gif
The Wolverines coming off last weex loss should have no problems with the Wolves but we’ll see.
Couldn’t find a Wolverine red wolf fight but here’s one taking on a grey wolf.

Also at Noon ET on ESPN
Florida St Seminoles hosting Memphis Tigers in Tallahassee.
The Seminoles trying to get in the win column vs the Tigers.
IMG_2817.jpeg
Go Noles!

jonny football 🏈

Recap: news notso gud
Memphis beat the Seminoles and Fla St is now
0-3 winless. The Seminole season apparently will be dismal.

My Wolverines fared better with a 28-18 very unimpressive win over Arkansas State. Tho Michigan is 2-1, There are signs that this season, too, may turn into disaster.

jonny football 🏈