Itching to be on the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuneElliot

Reaction score
I am not new to nomadic life or RVing but new to the forum. I have spent summers living in my fifth wheel on various ranches I have worked for. Currently taking care of and living in my parents' house in Wyoming where I have been since 2010. I have worked seasonal ranch jobs since 1998 and traveled as much as I can up to this point.

I will finally be hitting the road in Idlewild, my 2007 27ft Keystone Springdale fifth-wheel, late September this year. This has been a long time coming. In between now and then I am finishing up with my job, doing the final preventative maintenance and upgrades to the camper, spending 5 weeks in England with family and then hiking the Colorado Trail, selling the last of the furniture and winterizing the house and getting it ready for sale. I can't wait to get rid of all this stuff but some of it has to stay until my parents' vacation here is done in August.

I have two dogs, Cody and Kye, both border collies and a cat who is old and won't likely make the move into the fifth wheel due to her health and age. My dogs are experienced travelers and love going with me, whether it is on a road trip or on a backpacking trip.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and I can't wait to hit the road and resume my normal life.

Hello and welcome!!

Love Border Collies, we had Tess and Skip for their whole not long enough lives, they were the best, so smart and so loving. Awesome that you have them on your travels!

Hi and welcome,

I know that itching feeling all to well. Spent the majority of my 20's traveling the states hiking and rock climbing along the way. Got hit with Lyme in my early 30's that landed me on crutches for a few years. Bought a house right before I got sick that needed a full rehab. Just finally able to walk on my own two feet again and have been remodeling the house since September. Buying a trailer in the spring and plan on hitting the road soon afterwards.

DuneElliot said:
 I can't wait to hit the road and resume my normal life.

You are going to fit in here really well!!! 

I also have a dog named Cody, he;s a mutt but mainly I see tri-colored Aussie in him. You gotta love the working breeds!

Bob I've watched all your videos and noticed that your dog is also named Cody. It's a good name.

Not going to make the RTR this year but hoping to make it in 2018

Welcome aboard DuneElliot and Cody and Kye too !
Jump in on any threads you can help with and also ask any questions you have.

Welcome! Buddy is a Border Collie, too
Best
Dog
Ever

Welcome to the forum. It's got to be a bit nippy up there right now.

I got lucky and got to scratch my itch when I hit the road at the beginning of the year. A week in and I couldn't be happier. I look forward to meeting you and the pups someday.

Thanks. Yes, too cold...ready for summer and being laid off from work and the adventuring that comes with it. It's a balmy 21F here right now which is an improvement from the double-digit sub-zero weather we had earlier this week.

I'm really looking forward to meeting people when I hit the road at the end of summer.

Hi Dune. To answer your question, I am here from time to time. I will be stationary for the next few weeks as I explained in a pm at the other site. Welcome.