It’s still cool in California

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LERCA

Reaction score
And will stay so until July (along the coast)But wow did the temps rise in Quartzite. I know this was asked but it was a while back. Where are people staying during the heat? The answer is always Flagstaff but are there campgrounds or BLM land? Where do you stay? The abusive situation that forced me into my car has worsened again (59 1/2 can’t come soon enough for me) so I will have to stay in my car but I’m sick to death of both stealth and Los Angeles.
You can message me if you have a gem I will never tell. TIA and stay safe and cool.

There is a lot of BLM land around Flagstaff although I haven’t stayed there. Anywhere you can get higher in elevation is good.

BLM land, at 2,000+ ft, in southern Nevada will be cooler until mid May. Just up I-15.

Pahrump, if you like a crowd, or want to have stores close by.

Outside of Pahrump, if you prefer solitude and don't mind a drive to get groceries, etc.

Flagstaff might be a bit too cool at this time. Lows in the 30sF.

Nah it’s been a very cold winter all winter. In the 50’s during the day most of the winter down to 43 at night (the lowest I can remember at night was mid-30’s) which is unheard of and it’s not even time for May Gray or June Gloom. It’s been the best winter I can remember.