Is a high top REALLY that much better?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea general climate makes a difference. If you will be stuck inside a lot due to the wet grey chill of the PNW(especially in an urban environment) I would go with a full hightop.

Generalized nicer weather and temps make it easier to function most of the day outside.

It also depends on personal comfort zone. I'm in a comparatively nice climate but I still prefer being indoors a significant portion of the time; a couple of hours of shopping or hiking and I'm ready to be back in my private nest. It would be challenging for me to feel at peace if my only option for private space was cramped and uncomfortable.

Ugh, that reminded me of being TDY to Ft Lewis for 3 months. Perpetual spitting rain is annoying.

It does bring up a good point though. Height should be based on your use-case-scenario. If your situation has you spending a lot of time in the van (intentionally or otherwise) then every inch of headroom and storage will be welcome. If your circumstances allow you to spend plenty of time outside the vehicle it is less than an issue.