Introductions are in order

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La_Vache

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to the van dwelling community, and I have TOO MANY questions to ask. I'll save them for a different thread however :D . I've been lurking for about 2 weeks, and just got around to making an account within the last hour. I love this community, and hope to have a lot of productive discussions with you all. Talk to you soon!

Welcome. You've made it to the right place to start asking.

Welcome to the CRVL forums, La_Vache! You've come to the right place. Not only to learn and ask questions. but to be inspired, regularly.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard the CRVL forums La_Vache !
Start asking those questions . :huh:

So can you give us an idea of your situation? Are you in the planning stages? On the road? What kind of rig do you have or want? You know.. all the things inquiring vandwellers want to know. LOL

Hello to all Wanderers; I just joined this forum. I have been fulltiming for 13 years. This last year has been as a widower.
I have followed this blog for 2-3 years. I will enjoy following everyones stories.

Frank

Hey Frank always room for one more welcome aboard.

WriterMs said:
So can you give us an idea of your situation?  Are you in the planning stages? On the road?  What kind of rig do you have or want?  You know.. all the things inquiring vandwellers want to know. LOL

Hi there :rolleyes:  I am in the planning stages currently, but I should be on the road within the next 2 weeks. I'm going to be staying out of a 2010 Hyundai Elantra for starters, and if the experience is as great as I think it will be, I'll invest more heavily into the lifestyle. My only issues right now are getting the windows tinted and removing the top portions of the passenger seats. I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out how to remove the front passenger seat's top portion. The idea is to leave the bottom parts in and stretch out into the trunk of my car for sleeping. If you have any ideas or can point me to a go resources on how to do that, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

seat.png

Attachments

• seat.png
    seat.png
    427.3 KB · Views: 6
Generally if you raise the height of the headrest you will/should find release knobs depress and keep lifting.

Sorry if this is a duplicate. Just getting my bearings with posting. I'm a senior from South Carolina and am hoping I can get this body repaired so that I can get back out there traveling and meeting new people. This time around I would like to take things slower, i.e., by car not plane, so that I can see the real sites. I have been watching Bob's videos and just started reading his blog which told me about this site. So I jumped overhere so that I can learn newstuff and meet new people.

I own a 2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring hatchback and hope to retrofit it to sleep in as I travel. Feel it would be safer than tent camping at night.

Look forward to hearing from you folks about the viability of older ladies doing this.

La Veche's introductory OP is from 12/16. They haven't returned to the forum since 7/16

I know cyndi, we're still waiting for those questions.....
And I even welcomed 'em twice !

Latest posts