Introduction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cultural.pioneer

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to this lifestyle, but have been desiring it for a while now. I really enjoy becoming intensely involved in new projects, especially when there is a great deal of new things to learn. And this van was, is, and, I'm sure will continue to be, something I'm really proud to put my time and energy into.

It's a 2010 Honda Odyssey. It may not look like much, but I think I've handled the design challenges quite well for making it suitable for full-time living. It had a number of mechanical issues, which at the time was a serious PITA. But, looking back I'm actually kind of glad, I know a lot more about the inner workings of my vehicle, and my own capabilities to do some of the mechanical work myself.

It's only been about a week and a half of living full-time as of this writing, but hope to continue for long time.

Currently unemployed, got laid off in March from a remote position that I was planning on keeping while on the road. At that point I was already heavily invested in this project, so I said screw it and dove into building it full-time. I will definitely be searching these forums for ways to generate some income. Any suggestions would no doubt be appreciated.

I'm in my early 30's. I'll be traveling around the southwest US for the time being. Not sure what it is just yet I'm really looking for out of this lifetime, other than learning to love the person I am each day, and trying to leave this planet a little better off than when I came into it. I consider myself a spiritual person and hope to connect with some other spiritual people at some point.

I've also been considering checking out some of the Intentional Communities out there if I can. I think it's so cool, and like totally badass for people to come together and explore ways of living outside the given standard of society. I feel like it would be an honor just to bear witness to some of these, not to mention probably really inspiring. But I don't know, these are just thoughts I have.

Welcome cultural, and we hope you will keep us posted as you move forward in your chosen direction.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post in the appropriate sections.