Introduction from Souleem in Northwest Indiana

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Souleem

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I've been thinking about retiring to full-time RVing and have several books and videos on the subject, including Bob Wells' wonderful book.

I'm looking for a van right now and intend to quit working before "official retirement age," which is 7 years away.

Since I'm getting too old to be moving around hunched over, I'm looking to buy and build out a Ram ProMaster high top van, which I just learned I can stand up in.

I said "build out" but intend to get started with a little foldaway portable guest bed cot and memory foam mattress, a few plastic storage cabinets and boxes, a 2-drawer wooden filing credenza with a 3-shelf bookcase, large Coleman cooler, Mr. Buddy heater, Coleman grill stove, Lovable Loo and 5-gal bucket, some Luci lights, and a couple 5-gallon water bottles with a plastic Primo water pump.  I'll toss in some food, clothes, bedding and propane bottles, and I expect to hit the road in mid-June 2018!

Souleem

Sounds like a solid plan. Start slow and invest in what you need as you find out you need something. I'm originally from Indiana.

Welcome Souleem to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome... sounds like you have a good plan and as Shadowmoss said, start slow and build the bones as you figure out what you need to be comfortable.
Short local trips will help you figure out what you need and how to arrange the build. You're going to have a great time

Welcome Souleem, sounds like you've got a plan and ready to execute same. Safe travels...

Thanks everyone!

Update:  It did sound like a good plan, but I chickened out and am still a wage slave.  :(

But I will attend the 2019 RTR next month!  :) :D :p :rolleyes:

Alma

Alma will you also be at the WRTR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Cammalu,

No, sorry to say that I am still a wage slave and was unaware of the WRTR until it was too late to put in a request for time off work to attend it. 

I will depart from home on Jan 4, while the WRTR begins on Jan 4.

Alma