Introducing Stephen Locke Cyclone Drifter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Locke

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My name is Stephen Locke. Due to circumstances within and beyond my control I am selling all my attachments to the grid and becoming a van dwelling digital nomad. I’m letting go of my house, business and studio along with everything that would tie me to a particular location. I am vlogging my experience. I invite you to subscribe to my Youtube channel Stephen Locke Cyclone Drifter where I intend share as much as possible regarding the process. I call it Cyclone Drifter because I’m a storm chaser. I also vlog my storm chase experiences so please subscribe to Tempest Gallery Storm. In addition I’m a painter so you may want to visit my website STEPHENLOCKE.COM. The best way to get to know me is to see my movies, VLOGs, and paintings. I hope to make a contribution to the van dwelling community because the community has already helped me thus far with my transition. Hopefully I can give back through sharing my experience. Thank goodness for this collection of fine people! 

- Stephen Locke Cyclone Drifter

Welcome Stephen to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hiya Stephan! I live in Iowa, so have experienced some fun storms. Welcome to the forum!

Wabbit said:
Hiya Stephan! I live in Iowa, so have experienced some fun storms. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Stephan, and let me be one of the first here to tell you that you're nuts!!!   Ha ha ha!!! 

Another Iowan here... used to be one of the guys who went out and did storm watching to let dispatch know when to sound the sirens.  Fortunately, I'm retired now...   but as I write, we're under a tornado watch tonight, and a severe t-storm warning here... for the next 45 mins... 

The National Weather Service in the Quad Cities has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
 Northwestern Cedar County in east central Iowa...
 Northeastern Johnson County in east central Iowa...

* Until 615 PM CST

* At 528 PM CST, a severe thunderstorm was located over Lake Macbride
 State Park, or 7 miles north of Iowa City, moving east at 40 mph.

HAZARD...Quarter size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Damage to vehicles is expected.

* Locations impacted include...
 Tipton, North Liberty, Solon, Lake Macbride State Park, Buchanan,
 Clarence, Newport, Cedar Valley, Sugar Bottom Camp Ground, Cedar
 Bluff, Sutliff, Cedar Valley Park, Morse, Tipton Matthews Airport,
 Twin View Heights, Sandy Beach Camp Ground and Cedar County
 Fairgrounds.

Hi Stephen;

I had the pleasure several years back of meeting Reed Timmer via a mutual friend near the beach in Grand Haven Mi. Reed is a native of Grand Rapids, Mi some 25 miles inland and he had his rusty red colored storm chasing vehicle with him which he kind of gave me a brief tour of. I've always enjoyed and taken great fascination with the forces of our planet, obviously including its storms......

Very interesting stuff............INTjohn

hepcat said:
Welcome Stephan, and let me be one of the first here to tell you that you're nuts!!!   Ha ha ha!!! 

Another Iowan here... used to be one of the guys who went out and did storm watching to let dispatch know when to sound the sirens.  Fortunately, I'm retired now...   but as I write, we're under a tornado watch tonight, and a severe t-storm warning here... for the next 45 mins... 

Everything I do is nuts. Storming here in KC too.

INTJohn said:
Hi Stephen;

I had the pleasure several years back of meeting Reed Timmer via a mutual friend near the beach in Grand Haven Mi. Reed is a native of Grand Rapids, Mi some 25 miles inland and he had his rusty red colored storm chasing vehicle with him which he kind of gave me a brief tour of. I've always enjoyed and taken great fascination with the forces of our planet, obviously including its storms......

Very interesting stuff............INTjohn

Reed is a good man. We have collaborated on some projects. Thank you [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]INTj![/font]

Stephen Locke said:
Everything I do is nuts. Storming here in KC too.

I checked out the videos of your art, Steve...  and sampled your filmmaking... gorgeous... and excellent!

I've been a commercial photographer since 1972 and photography is my retirement gig.  I also have a keen appreciation for other art forms. 

Your mobile digital studio is pretty impressive. 

Rog

hepcat said:
I checked out the videos of your art, Steve...  and sampled your filmmaking... gorgeous... and excellent!

I've been a commercial photographer since 1972 and photography is my retirement gig.  I also have a keen appreciation for other art forms. 

Your mobile digital studio is pretty impressive. 

Rog

Thank you [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Rog!!![/font]

I've sampled a handful of your vlogs so far, Stephen, and I already can predict your star is rising in a this genre of your art.

I've subscribed and will look into your other sites as well. Fun, well filmed (obviously) and edited with style to hold interest. Also narration is to the point yet friendly.

Terrific. I'll look forward to more.

WriterMs said:
I've sampled a handful of your vlogs so far, Stephen, and I already can predict your star is rising in a this genre of your art.  

I've subscribed and will look into your other sites as well. Fun, well filmed (obviously) and edited with style to hold interest.  Also narration is to the point yet friendly.

Terrific. I'll look forward to more.

Thank you so much [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]WriterMs!!![/font]

I'll definitely be following! Sounds interesting. I always remember my Grandpa standing on the porch watching the worst of the storms, which must have contributed to my not having a fear of storms, but a healthy respect which I am sure you must have acquired also.

Welcome! Cool stuff!

Snow Gypsy said:
I'll definitely be following!  Sounds interesting.  I always remember my Grandpa standing on the porch watching the worst of the storms, which must have contributed to my not having a fear of storms, but a healthy respect which I am sure you must have acquired also.

Welcome!  Cool stuff!

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Snow Gypsy Thank you so very much![/font]