Introducing Donald Trump

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renovader

Reaction score
:p Just funning you! 

I'm Mike Reno, also known as Renovader. I am retired and last year when my wife was hurried off by the ambulance for heart and kidney failure, I had some time on my hands and was cerfing craigslist when what did I find? An antique 24' class A with NO leaks. A real barn find as it had been in a barn for at least 5 years. And to think he wanted only $2000 for it and this great guy even delivered it by driving it to my manufactured home 15 miles away.

My wife is at home and relies on me for assisted living. She cannot handle the steps leading into the RV so I work on it, dreaming of the day when this becomes my home. I am slowly downsizing and mentally preparing for selling my goods and the home and hitting the road. This month she was diagnosed with cancer as well. 

By the way, Bob. Welcome to Oregon. We had a hot summer, yes. It really lasted one month only. That first rainfall we had this month, that was the beginning of fall for us. We moved here from Southern California where I personally lived over 50 years and our summers were basically from Memorial Day to Halloween in part due to the Santana Winds (Devil Winds, not coming from Santa Ana in Orange County). I love the green, love not paying taxes, legal Marijuana has driven up housing costs (we should have waited for Federal laws making it legal) the jobs up here are the worse so many people are forced to move to Idaho and elsewheres, but as a hippie tree hugger who could not take to hugging Joshua Trees in the high desert, I came here to retire in 2005 and finally did so in 2014.

Between a major tuneup, 6 new 8R17.5 tires (Chicage Tires still carries them and ships for free), bearings packed and brakes replaced, new starter and winterizing last October I have almost $4000 into her not including the first $2000 to procure her. But, she will be my home on wheels until the day I die and then you can bury me in it. I have camped in RVs since a 1966 Chassis Mount my dad had. As a family, my wife, son and I purchased and enjoyed a Class C (the newer name for Chassis Mount) which I had to live in for a few months working 115 miles from home.

I own/run Mobile Lifestyle For You and enjoy following your adventures on Youtube. Please keep sharing with all of us.

-=Mike Reno=-

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Mike! I'm sorry you and your wife are going through such a tough ordeal. It's great though, that you've found something to inspire your future.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

By the way, if the subject of your introduction incites a riot it will have to be changed. Might want to prepare for that

I'm a hippy. Nothing and no one and what they do can ever bother me. Life's too short. There are children out there of all ages.
I checked out your site too. :cool:

Welcome aboard Mike !
It's good to see SOMEONE still sells those old sized tires (mine are 8R16.5)
Were the DOT date codes anywhere near new?

Hi Mike and welcome!

You are in a tough situation, but having a vision of a new life after the heartbreaking part has to be good. I'm in a similar situation with my mother... and several others on this forum can empathize from personal experience.

You must be a very mechanically inclined hippie! And I cannot believe RVPopeye did not ask you for pics of your vintage dream machine. We all do love to see pics of rigs, so perhaps post some when you are able?

renovader said:
...An antique 24' class A with NO leaks. A real barn find as it had been in a barn for at least 5 years. And to think he wanted only $2000 for it and this great guy even delivered it by driving it to my manufactured home 15 miles away.

Pics!  Pics please!  I love antiques but what make of antique is this?  Welcome aboard!  :D

You got my read Mike with your thread title! lol :) Sorry to hear your wife is doing poorly. Hope your new hobby gives you some relax time :) And yes, pics please!