Intrepid Newcomer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisacamp

Reaction score
Hi!
   I will be retiring in February of 2019 and am planning on going on the road soon thereafter.  Still in the dreaming stage,
but I have started pinning down budget concerns and getting rid of clutter in the house in preparation of selling or renting
it out.
   Terrified but excited.  I just really feel it is time for a new adventure in my life.
Hope to see you on the road!  ---Lisa

Welcome to the CRVL forums Lisa! It's never too early to get started. Keep us updated!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Lisa,
I now know from the experience of having to empty out my parents' home of more than 45 years that you can NEVER start de-cluttering too early. I thought I had done a great job trimming things down to put the house on the market. But the weeks before closing on the house sale, I realized how much more stuff there truly was.

So you are being smart if you get serious about slimming down your belongings right away. That gives you time to go through a few rounds of paring things down further. LOL

Best of luck.

Welcome to the Great Adventure...

You're going to love the freedom, I pinch myself everyday...

WriterMs said:
Welcome, Lisa,
I now know from the experience of having to empty out my parents' home of more than 45 years that you can NEVER start de-cluttering too early. I thought I had done a great job trimming things down to put the house on the market. But the weeks before closing on the house sale, I realized how much more stuff there truly was.

So you are being smart if you get serious about slimming down your belongings right away. That gives you time to go through a few rounds of paring things down further. LOL

Best of luck.

Novels? Cool I'll have to check that out.  I'm retiring from 31 years at a library!  Thinking a little about writing, but at this stage more about reading any time I want.

hi Lisa!!
I'm new here too.
I'm terrified and excited too!!
I've got a sketch of a plan myself.
I won't be too far behind you.
maybe our paths with cross one day!
Lulu

Nice to meet you. I just joined myself. I'm from "LA"also  known as Lower Alabama. Like you I'm getting out of the heat soon. Good luck and safe travels.

Welcome Lisa,

Wow ... Feb '19 is a year aways, so we can you're the well-prepared kind, lol, good for you! My suggestion, since you have so much time, is that you set yourself a goal of every weekend having to fill one small trash bag worth of 'stuff' -- your choice as to trash or donate, but by Sun night, it *must* be done. The first two months will be easy, but then it gets progressively harder, but therein lies the trick -- by then you've developed a habit, an 'addiction' from the dopamine release each time you've successfully completed this challenge, and that'll continue to power you through.

Good luck and stay accountable ;-)

Welcome, Lisa! My original replies are gone...don't remember what I said before.

I'm also missing Riverman's avatar, which looked just like my Travel Trailer. ;)