Internet Device Recommendation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
becida said:
Thank you, I understand & I actually bought one. Well I bought an adapter to get some data off full sized SD cards, it came with a bunch of different adapters.

There was a previous write up on the Chrome book, the Chrome book requires the internet & I don't always have the internet.

Chromebooks are gaining more and more offline capabilities. The Google store has a section devoted to offline apps.

A solid state drive, long battery life and low noise makes a lot of since for the vandweller. As for online how many stores have free wifi now? MacDonald's, Walmart, Burger King. In Canada we have Tim Horton's donut chain and Sobeys rocery stores offering wifi. Most restaurant have free wifi now.

I do agree they have limitations but worth it for me not having to deal with windows.

I  also refuse to use the cloud..and it frustrates me that some businesses I still have connections with, do use the cloud. :(