Interesting Articles Relating to EVs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you also fly it over your neighbor's house and look in their windows, like you can with a drone? :eek::p

drones have regulation too. maybe there should be parks/areas to fly them, like electric go karts

If it will fly 60 mph for 20 minutes, it could be a viable commuter... 20 miles anyway.

I do not claim that it solves all problems. I just thought it is interesting and cool.

They've had ultralight helicopters for close to 20 years that costs about #25-30K but I'd get a 2 place Rotorway turbine for about $60k. I've never paid for any dual training that wasn't worth it. I've always owned the aircraft & we're between Western Michigan Univ, Andrews Univ both with excellent flight schools so getting a low cost CFI is no problem. I've owned & flown antique, sea, ski, high perf planes, ultralights, powered parachutes even tried a paraglider with the backpack motor & chute you run to get airborne, didn't like those as it's like skydiving which I love but wearing a motor on your back. Here's a link to flying Rotorways on Barnstormers from $29k & up https://www.barnstormers.com/category-19730-Helicopter--Rotorway.html

They've had ultralight helicopters for close to 20 years that costs about #25-30K but I'd get a 2 place Rotorway turbine for about $60k. I've never paid for any dual training that wasn't worth it. I've always owned the aircraft & we're between Western Michigan Univ, Andrews Univ both with excellent flight schools so getting a low cost CFI is no problem. I've owned & flown antique, sea, ski, high perf planes, ultralights, powered parachutes even tried a paraglider with the backpack motor & chute you run to get airborne, didn't like those as it's like skydiving which I love but wearing a motor on your back. Here's a link to flying Rotorways on Barnstormers from $29k & up https://www.barnstormers.com/category-19730-Helicopter--Rotorway.html
I truly envy your flight experiences. My life took a different path, and I'm very happy with the outcome. But man, is just sounds fantastic.

Thanks Happy! I've had a great run, Too bad it's over. Got the wings on the ultralight but don't think I can get out of it without help. My son promised to do that for me but now he's not so someone's going to get a smoking deal on IMHO one of the best designed ultralights. It was made to setup or take down in under 30 minutes & haul on a 5'x8' trailer or in a pickup. It's like new w/100 hours total time. So here's your chance Happy! Send your e-mail & I'll send pics. :)

Thanks Happy! I've had a great run, Too bad it's over. Got the wings on the ultralight but don't think I can get out of it without help. My son promised to do that for me but now he's not so someone's going to get a smoking deal on IMHO one of the best designed ultralights. It was made to setup or take down in under 30 minutes & haul on a 5'x8' trailer or in a pickup. It's like new w/100 hours total time. So here's your chance Happy! Send your e-mail & I'll send pics. :)
Tempting, but you'd probably see me on the news because I landed it on a car in rush hour traffic in Socal on accident...

My youngest just graduated high school Thursday, so the above isn't the best idea. Yet. Lol.

Flying & skydiving are very safe. You're in mire danger driving to the airport. Ulralighters taught themselves to fly. When I started I bought biggest POS made for $1500 & a Teach yourself to fly book for $9.95. Actually Ultralights are having a strong comeback. This could be you my friend!

Flying & skydiving are very safe. You're in mire danger driving to the airport. Ulralighters taught themselves to fly. When I started I bought biggest POS made for $1500 & a Teach yourself to fly book for $9.95. Actually Ultralights are having a strong comeback. This could be you my friend!

I didn't say I'd crash. But I would probably do some jail time.

Unless I could say I was just trying to steal something from a car. On a busy freeway. During rush hour. Then no bail and they'd let me go. Goooo Socal!!

Sigh.

You know true Ultralights require NO registration, NO licence, NO hanger on this one. North of here a guy will teach you thru solo in his 2 place for $1500 so I bet there's someone near you. Any airport that's ever taken a $ of federal funding (which is all public ones) must let ultralights use except class B which are the biggest but you can fly near them under the class C veil. IMHO you still need some training & ground school to learn the weather, regs, etc which you can find free now. Bought it for 1/4 of it's replacement so you can buy it, fly it & later sell it & make $$. It would also be a great gift & great memories for your youngest & you. Learn together.:)

It's something to think about for sure. But the next step is finding her housing for college.

Then maybe ultralight training.

You could change to HAPPY FLYER! That's what I like about U/L Flyers, it's all for fun, not for business, no deadlines, no attitudes, no mustbethereitis which gets people killed, just a bunch of good happy people flying for fun. At least take an introductory flight maybe with your daughter.

Since EVs are an emerging tech and the new models are better, it makes sense that the old ones would depreciate quicker. New IC cars just have more crappy electronics and complexity that reduce reliability and longevity.

Since EVs are an emerging tech and the new models are better, it makes sense that the old ones would depreciate quicker. New IC cars just have more crappy electronics and complexity that reduce reliability and longevity.
Yeah, the need to keep cramming tech into every nook and cranny available on new vehicles isn't a positive trend.

Reminds me of the early 80s when they tried the same.