Insurance

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Optimistic Paranoid said:
According to this esurance site, 1 in 8 drivers is driving around uninsured.  Even though the law in every state except NH requires it.

https://www.esurance.com/info/car/are-uninsured-and-underinsured-motorist-coverages-necessary

And that doesn't even include the ones that do have insurance but have absolutely government mandated minimum.

I got hit years ago by a driver who had $25,000 liability TOTAL. My insurance claim for all the damages was over $31,000.

Guess who got to eat the difference. :mad:

I couldn't remember what I have, so I pulled up my policy and it reads this:

Uninsured Motorist: $10,000 each person / $20,000 each accident - Nonstacked $32.00/month

I'm honestly not sure what that even means...I would have assumed it meant I can get $10k to fix my vehicle if uninsured damages it, but looking at how its worded it makes me wonder if it covers vehicle damage at all, or if it's for injury coverage. I'll have to look into that...

I think insurance companies like the uninsured. The profit margin for selling uninsured motorist policies is quite high.
I once witnessed an accident where an illegal alien hit someone. I stayed as a witness. No insurance, no licence, the cop let them walk away Scott free. No point in giving them a ticket, they give wrong names and don't come to court. Too expensive to arrest and house them.
When I questioned the officer he said, "that is what uninsured insurance is for".

Anybody ever say life would be fair?

Latest posts