Installation Cost for Roof Vent- NV200

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cynanne

Reaction score
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Does anyone have any idea what the cost of installation[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] would be? It will likely be the Maxxair manuel model[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]. Where could I get this installed? Would it be a custom place? How much should it be with labor and everything?[/font]

Consider the time to plan with you location and power. I'd guess about 2 hours with a person confident in doing the work.
Average labor cost, $40.00 an hour. There will be the prep where the hole is to be cut, Measuring, putting down protective tape, possibly protective sheeting inside to catch debris, cutting the hole, smooth the edges,run wiring, fit the fan, sealant, put on the inner cover,final tightening of mounting screws test, clean up.

A bit of work for sure. I probably spent three hours on my own installing on a Ford E-150.

Is this a 'bare metal' install? Or is there a headliner, insulation, and trim that is already there?

If you have a nice headliner and need to have the final results look good (trim etc) then it will cost more.

I am a complete amatuer and I did mine with a friend in about 3 hours and it looks like a professional install. consider doing this yourself. a shop could charge whatever they want for this because it SEEMS like a big deal until you get started

I have yet to get the nissan nv200 but it is a very compact van.  I don't know about a headliner, trim etc, but I know I cannot do it myself. I think that there are a few "ribs" in the ceiling but the vent if small enough can fit between. Does anyone know if there are places that do this type of thing other than a customization place?

Where are you??….come to St. Pete Florida and I will hook you up .

derekdeadend said:
.... it SEEMS like a big deal until you get started
True. One of the last parts of my build. DIY labor cost: free.

You have to order everything in advance.
You have to cut a square hole in the roof.
You have to completely waterproof the install. 
You need to make a square wood trim piece.
The rest is a piece of cake.

-crofter