Inexpensive high top source on east coast

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanLifeCrisis

Reaction score
!I remember a lot of discussion, and maybe a bob article, on hi tops a while back.   It seemed like pretty pricey unless you nailed junk yard or could run out to fiberine, then install yourself.  Someone on r/vandwellers posted a new source on east coast that seems very reasonable!   Just over 2k installed. 

VanLifeCrisis said:
!I remember a lot of discussion, and maybe a bob article, on hi tops a while back.   It seemed like pretty pricey unless you nailed junk yard or could run out to fiberine, then install yourself.  Someone on r/vandwellers posted a new source on east coast that seems very reasonable!   Just over 2k installed. 

Yeap, this place has come up in a few threads.  Here's there direct website.

http://www.fiberglassme.com/index.html

Id love to buy one from him soon as I get a van.

Every Road Leads Home said:
Yeap, this place has come up in a few threads.  Here's there direct website.

http://www.fiberglassme.com/index.html

Id love to buy one from him soon as I get a van.

I'm on the east coast and had mine installed by TCI Mobility in PA. Don't remember what town but it was just south of the Delaware Water Gap area and within an hour of Cabelas in Hamburg,PA as I remember. They also have a site in Florida. Price was not as cheap as the link above but it's a 24" top so I have full stand up height of about 6'1" I think. Also they install a steel roll cage as required by federal regs for vans with passengers in the rear such as handicap vans. They also install half inch styrofoam insulation to which I added another inch of polyiso insulation. Cost out the door was around $3200. What's nice about this top is its flat on top so putting 3 solar panels on top was a breeze. You can see it on my youtube channel at vtwinkicker.

vtwinkicker said:
Price was not as cheap as the link above but it's a 24" top so I have full stand up height of about 6'1" I think. Also they install a steel roll cage as required by federal regs for vans with passengers in the rear such as handicap vans. They also install half inch styrofoam insulation to which I added another inch of polyiso insulation. Cost out the door was around $3200.

That is actually an excellent price for what you got!  I'm going to look into them(if I end up with a standard top van) as I'd love to have the security of a roll cage even though the likelihood is it would never have to be used.  Some of these other places charge upwards of $5000 and not include all of what you got.