In appreciation of SternWake

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanDwellerMod

Reaction score
At the OP's request, I have closed the SternWake thread.

I wanted to both respect the OP's request and continue to give forum members an opportunity to say good bye and express their appreciation to a valued member of our community.

So, if you've yet to make a post and want to, please do so here.

As for me, SternWake, I will miss you and your expertise.  And, I respect your decision and hope for you the very best in all that is important to you.

Please know that you are always welcome to return.

VDM

I just made the cut off on the other thread but I want to add

SURF'S UP ! :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

Worth repeating, gratitude "as big as the sky" for all your contributions to the community, and my knowledge in particular. This forum and the Internet as a whole is poorer without you.

If you see me posting BS feel free to PM, but like others I hope you'll still continue to post publicly at least once in a while.

In order to bring happy to sad, I break out in song.  Ready?  Begin.

The SternWake surfs over the ocean.
The SternWake surfs over the sea.
The SternWake surfs over the ocean.
Oh, bring back the SternWake to me!

Bring back.  Yes, bring back.
Bring back the SternWake to me, to me.

(repeat as necessary)

Your generosity here, with your time and efforts, will be appreciated for a very long time. Ditto on your patience.

Take good care

SternWake,

I will miss you around here. I'm not online myself very often but I do enjoy your posts, so I was surprised when I read you decided to leave. I'm sorry to learn that but you must do what's best for you.

Take care and thanks.

VanGrrl57  :)

He started me on the study of DC power.  He alone is responsible for hundreds of safe builds.

And suddenly the dam broke, and the reservoir was dry. From that day onward, the townfolk talked mostly about "how it used to be".

Thanks SW. The Meanwell works fine on the Sportsman. Say hi to our friend Mex for me.

Shit, man, I hate goodbyes! So I'm not gonna say it. I will say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You've helped many people, but I'm selfishly glad how much you've helped me. I'd have a pretty piss-poor system if it weren't for you and a few other select few here on CRVL. This board will be poorer with losing the depth and breadth of your knowledge and expertise. Not to mention your dry sense of humor.

But I can't say that I'm surprised at what happened. I've been surprised, though, at your incredible tolerance and your patience of a saint. You're a much better man than I am (if I were a man, I guess).

Soooo...hasta mañana,
Teddi

And to all of you newbies? You'd be well advised to look at Sternwake's old posts for a wealth of information on all things electrical with emphasis on the care and feeding of battery systems.

GOOD BYE.  MAYBE OUR PATHS WILL CROSS SOMEDAY.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

JEWELLANN AND QUEENIE

Passing along knowledge and wisdom is always a worthwhile endeavor, made all the more difficult when people wish to cling to ignorance instead of learn.

I greatly appreciate all of your help and insight with my projects... Cheers mate.

You freely volunteered a lot of time and a lot of good information. I think you fulfilled your role as a human quite well. No one is required to volunteer their time forever and most never volunteer any. Just think if everyone in the world shared as much time as you did, we'd all be living in much more beautiful place.

Enjoy those waves.

Wow, this is an eye opener. As a not in a full time live mode..yet..and as an avid reader of all threads and saver of all the priceless information for making your full time life on a budget doable and as an outsider admiring the lend a hand philosophy I thought was the purpose here, I feel betrayed.
I have sent the link to this site to so many people I can't remember because I think the knowledge to live the CheapRV lifestyle was contained in these forums.
Peer to peer

Emotional support was here as well but if one looks at the forums categories and titles of well established threads...well you don't see emotional support only flashing.

SW, I have read sooo many of your posts and copy pasted them, thank you.
I hope you know you are appreciated.

Bummer that in spite of ALL evidence pointing to this forum as being a place to learn practical things to survive on the road has now been rewritten as an emotional support group only forum.
My cynicism is once again thrown in my face while suspending it for someone I thought stood by the proof in front of his own eyes bukkshitting us.
Not cool..loyalty and strength is your message is important if you want to keep drawing what I now see as suckers in, including me.
SMH at my own self

BradKW said:
I see what you did there, trying to lure him back...

if he got to see it a very slight grin and oh so light chuckle happened