If you're traveling with a pet...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There used to be a cat in my parents' neighborhood who was the most bad assed cat I have ever seen. He actually broke into a neighbor's house to fight that neighbor's indoor cats. Busted right through a pretty strong screen! Then when the neighbor broke up the fight and picked him up to throw him back outside, he peed all over! We all laugh about it now but the guy was not happy at the time. That cat ruled all of the dogs in the neighborhood though. It was something to watch! They would make huge wide circles to avoid him. Alas, old age got him eventually. I think he was nearly 20 when he died but had that attitude and was King of the Neighborhood until the end.

slynne said:
There used to be a cat in my parents' neighborhood who was the most bad assed cat I have ever seen...

Cats like that can cause more problems than many may suspect --- We had one similar in my nei[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]ghborhood for a few years (ended in a failed confrontation with a passin[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]g motorist); all other cats in nei[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]ghborhood were "suspected" of similar temperment for several years after by the local do[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]gs and people, so do[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]gs that previously lived peacefully with cats for years then became "killers" to any/all they encountered loose.  A tra[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]gedy all the way around.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

Had a cat like that in my sister's neighborhood.  Someone dowsed the cat with skunk cover scent.  Cat wasn't permanently hurt, owner got the message.

I've used a paint ball gun on dogs that seem to think my yard is their bathroom.  Stings but doesn't permanently damage dog and even if the owner is clueless the dog understands.

-- Spiff

Long ago, there was an obnoxious tomcat who thought he owned the neighborhood. After repeatedly trying to get into my house, I borrowed a humane trap, caught him, took him to the vet and had him neutered, brought him back, and turned him loose. End of problem.

The problem with obnoxious pets is that many people train their pets as well as they raise their kids: not at all. Many Americans have reached the point that they feel they can do anything, anywhere, to anyone, at any time. And many of them encourage their dogs to act the same way. Just like poor parents everywhere, it is always the kids and pets that suffer from the lack of care.

Thirsty Boots Nomad said:
Cats like that can cause more problems than many may suspect --- We had one similar in my nei[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]ghborhood for a few years (ended in a failed confrontation with a passin[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]g motorist); all other cats in nei[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]ghborhood were "suspected" of similar temperment for several years after by the local do[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]gs and people, so do[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]gs that previously lived peacefully with cats for years then became "killers" to any/all they encountered loose.  A tra[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]gedy all the way around.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

I guess we were lucky that didn't happen. Two of dogs lived with that cat so they werent afraid of him. All the other dogs just avoided him. Honestly, I miss him even though he wasn't my cat. He was a cat with a lot of personality.

Latest posts