If you were planning to go up Mt.Lemmon-closed for fire

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalkaboutTed

Reaction score
Since it was pretty warm in Tucson today,  we hung out up on the mountain.  We were just told to leave by the sheriff "the fire will be over the hill in 5 minutes". Sure enough, a mile down the Catalina Highway, there were brush fires dotted all over the hills, some within 30 feet above the roadway. 

You obviously won't be allowed up at least tonight, and probably tomorrow  as the wind has really kicked in. 

So if you had plans...
Ted

Thanks for your post. I read it last night before going to bed, and went out my backdoor to see if I could see any fire--sometimes I can. I have a sliding glass door and a security door about 4" away. I pulled the glass door shut behind me, but left the other open as I stood there, suddenly to be bumped against by something banging against my legs.
Startled I stepped aside and looked down, automatically further closing the glass door. I didn't want whatever it was--a mouse?? getting in the house. For several seconds it bumped against the glass, but was airborne. I stepped away from the door, opening the security door wider, no way to turn on a light. But my move away from that space allowed the trapped bird to escape.
Poor thing must have been terrified.
I have no idea how it got there, how long it was there. I hope it found it's way to it's flock.
Anyway, thanks!