If You Could

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy that property at Boynton Canyon, no matter what, and hold out for the developer before selling it rather than just flipping it for a little gain.

Look up Enchantment Resort if you are not familiar with the location im referring to. This is not idle pipe dreams, I recall when it was on the market.

Oh, and dont sell the Colt Single Action Army revolvers and original Winchester 1886s.

Or the other land I had in Az.

My life has been a struggle and “one day at a time” because I am a slow learner. No advice I could have given myself would have been listened to. You can’t help stupid and I am amazed and mystified as I have had a good life and lived over twice as long as I thought I would, heck it is getting easier even though my body is wearing out as I have learned to change and adapt even though I’ve always had to live simply. When my elders saw me doing dumb things in my youth and smiled I should have learned to ask them why they were smiling! Lol!!! I guess I would tell myself to pay attention!

go back in time and tell your younger self something, what would it be?
To my young self:
This is how i'm wired,​
This is what I excel at,​
This is what I suck at.​
This is what brings me joy,​
This is what causes pain.​
These pursuits will enhance my life,​
These are a waste of time.​
These things built character,​
These damaged my soul.​

Not much really. I kinda look back and think not bad ya know.
but yea I would invest in stocks and more and take all that financial info by storm. I would alter course a tiny bit but truly not much, gotta say I look back with good memories and more. Well, one or 2 bosses I would like to go back and kick in the nuts maybe HAHA

It's not a sin to want enough money to be comfortable.
Not everyone is gonna be your friend.
You don't have to say everything you think.
You can't fix every problem.
Being right is less important than you think.
Listen more to people who disagree with you.
Humility is best exercised in moderation; if you offer to be a doormat, you will always find a taker.
Eat dessert first often.
And use sunscreen, you idiot.

go back in time and tell your younger self something, what would it be?
Never take Mom's unconditional love for granted, she is always going to be your biggest fan and will not live forever. Forgive and forget, save your energy for love, lean into your fears, comfort is subjective and overrated. Money gives you options not happiness. Eat more vegetables, less dairy & meat.

Nothing. I really enjoyed the good times and learned from the challenging times. Right now I'm living my best life and I can see how everything I've been through in the past came together to make that happen. Every time my back was against the wall, I made a decision that eventually caused me to level up. Without all of my "mistakes" and "bad decisions," my life could consist of me cooking dinner every night, doing laundry and grocery shopping on the weekends, working a boring 9 to 6 job, married to some boring man, trying to keep up with the accomplishments of my friends, family, and neighbors, while subconsciously feeling my soul slowly shrivel up inside my body at the vanilla flavor of it all. No thank you.

I was watching this video where this girl said if she hadn't met her boyfriend, she would probably have some high paying job and she would be focusing on being the best, but instead she was living her dream life, in her van, focusing on being the best her she can be. I like that.