I think I have the low cost portable solar power solution for boondocking.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
akrvbob said:
Off grid 24 -7 wrote:
This website is full of affiliate links including from the owner.
I frequently get the feeling that much of the advice given here is aimed at someone making money rather than the best advice available.

= = = = = = = = = =

Since I am the only one who can make money off this site I can only assume you are accusing me of of lying to and deceiving people because I am a greedy asshole.

Is that what you are saying?
Bob

Those are two different paragraphs, and my only reference to you was in the first paragraph.

It doesn't matter whether you're talking toilets or toasters, any and all advice and/or links should be weighed and compared to make sure it is the best information and/or product available.

So somehow, by defending the OP from the accusation of SPAM, followed by a simple caution that not all advice may be the best, I am suddenly the bad guy resulting in your tirade. I'm afraid I don't follow your line of logic here. Nobody was accusing you of anything.

Well, you did specifically include me (the owner) in your comment, so it wasn't clear to me. That's why I asked for a clarification before jumping to a conclusion. No harm, no foul.

Whether you are accusing me or someone else I do find your second sentence offensive

"I frequently get the feeling that much of the advice given here is aimed at someone making money rather than the best advice available."

So not a small portion of the forums advice is deceiving, but "much" of it and "frequently". That is quite an accusation and I take it very, very seriously. If you're right, I'm going to fix the problem.

I read every post and if I suspected you were right that person would get my full attention and something would be done. For example, there is a guy who has never written one word to the forum except to keep posting a link to his ebook. We delete them all, but we don't ban him. If he would write something useful and become an active member, no problem. Everyone is welcome to do that because we need to support each other. But he can't use us, that becomes spam.

So I would like it if you would please email a list of these people you think are deceiving the members of the forum for selfish gain and I will start watching them to see if you are right and then deal with them because that is unacceptable to me.

To my knowledge that doesn't happen here, I think this is a remarkable and very special group of people who really care and try hard to be helpful. But maybe you've seen something I've missed. That happens.

My email is [email protected]
Bob

akrvbob said:
Well, you did specifically include me (the owner) in your comment, so it wasn't clear to me. That's why I asked for a clarification before jumping to a conclusion. No harm, no foul.

{snipped}

Bob

It would be very difficult for me to go back and find them, but I will take note of it in the future and let you know.

AJ

Some have high power needs. If you just charge an iPad and iPhone you don't need much.

akrvbob said:

I think this is a remarkable and very special group of people who really care and try hard to be helpful.
Bob

am a noob here, but i TOTALLY agree. Already I have learned much here. I'm double e (EE degree) with strong photonics, but practicum (application) is where the rubber meets the road!!

f