I have a Roadtrek ss agile 2014. Does anyone know where i can have solar panels installed,

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you're saying. I shouldn't have said that. Instead, let me say I'd like to remove and replace my generator, which is located right under where the bed is. It's in the worst location when it's running at the same time with the AC. The whole RV seems to shake and it sounds like roar of thunder.
Generators need annual servicing. It very much sounds like your generator needs a tuneup, not just an oil change and spark plug change. You should keep it because good solar weather does not happen everyday of the year. Remember REDUNDANCY, be prepared. If you have a generator and solar then you are in a good position to cope with bad weather be it heat, cold or days of long rainy weather. Having a generator to run AC is a very nice thing. Treasure that, do not get rid of the generator. Fix it, keep it I good working order for weeks when the weather is stormy and cold and the weeks when the heatwaves are blistering hot. I say weeks because that is often how weather patterns come along. It is not just for an occasional day here and there. The hardest part of full time nomadic life is dealing with the heat, cold and rain because you are a lot more vulnerable to it. The next hardest part is dealing with fresh water, waste water and trash. Of course that is why RV parks are so popular, those problems are solved for you.

Last edited: