I danced,sung,begged,borrowed and..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary68

Reaction score
then danced and sung some more hit the bank on mom for $1500

and bought a 1977 chevy chinook concourse for $3000 400cid and 16.5 wheels and all,more then i wanted but sometime you just got to pay up

so with out further delay,introducing

The fat van

001.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

Are you sure those aren't the factory pics ????
It looks great !

yeah it looks really good, congrats. I have a set(6) of 16 inch chevy dually rims, chrome outers. free. highdesertranger

rvpopeye said:
Are you sure those aren't the factory pics ????
It looks great !

oh,its definitely 1977,the first thing i did was reach out to adjust the side mirror and it broke off in my hand,only 70 something k miles on it but at this age everything rubber/plastic will need fixin/replacing

highdesertranger said:
yeah it looks really good,  congrats.  I have a set(6) of 16 inch chevy dually rims,  chrome outers.  free.  highdesertranger

interested for sure,but not a priority right now(food is) tires looked ok,maybe if you come up doing some digging next spring or i can pay for someone to deliver but someone at rtr should need them so dont hold

Queen said:
Lovin' the plaid!!!

older restoration but i will get you a pic of the lime green shag thats remains under the counters :)

Plenty of room in the fat van!

So what are your plans for Fatty (or do you prefer TFV)? As-is, remodel, solar..?

BradKW said:
Plenty of room in the fat van!

So what are your plans for Fatty (or do you prefer TFV)? As-is, remodel, solar..?

at the moment all i have is elbow grease but in the future a resto including engine,trans,solor,most of the interior will go,old fridge,furnace,couch things

i looked at it this way,a basic chevy fiberglass box van that is already registered as a rv with some existing systems,exterior propane,bathroom,4 burner stove/oven,make the rest up as i go

im 6 foot and had 3-4 inches head room and about 7 feet wide

Well it sounds like your CL addiction will have plenty of catagories to focus searches on in the future ;)

Gary,

Nicely done. Now I just gotta find one! ;-)

Vagabound

Definitely 70s colors. LOL Looks like a sweet platform to redo your own way. :)

So that is what you have been looking for. Looks pretty cozy.

bonuses- a receipt from 9-19-16 for $1064 from mac's radiator which apparently gets you a flush new radiator new hoses including heater and thermostat,if it 4 core im happy,2 core not so much

new house battery but there is a drain somewhere
new house water pump
shiny muffler and pipe
new sway bar bushings
rotors look good
looks like new valving on propane tanks
tires looked good,will date them tomorrow
it drove fine,steering tight,definitely needs more gear,turning pretty good rpm at 60
400 has plenty of power but its a 10 mpg engine
trans shifted smooth under normal driving but when i hit the passing gear was a little hard

the not so bonuses-a couple hairline cracks passengers side rear top and stress fractures where the spare tire rod mounts,both should be easy fixes

brake peddle right next to throttle and i am a left foot braker so feels unnatural,stiff have to press hard braking  

lime green stripes going down the side